the Rift

[PRIVATE] [Moon] My empty arms were open

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

The wind was unexpected, as was the soft voice that reached her from across untold distances. Goosebumps coursed across her skin and she shuddered, unable to suppress the ripple of dread and delight that surged through her. It was a gentle wind, so akin to her mothers kisses that Erthë had to swallow a sudden lump in her throat. She wanted to lean into that touch, savor it and forget everything else...

But she didn't. Opening her eyes the filly slowly raised her head, disbelieving eyes coming to rest on the goddess as she slipped through the veil between worlds, as easily as if it were mere grass or silken curtains. The lump remained in her throat, accompanied now by a whirlwind of fluttering wings somewhere in her guts, a giddy, nervous excitement that made her lips tremble as she smiled at the divine lady. She had come! Erthë had spoken to her and She had listened, as though her worries and concerns were actually important, not just the moody outbursts of a teenage girl.

The lavender empress of the night came to stand beside her. The feeling of her presence, the very idea of having the celestial being so close nearly muted the young hybrid. She opened her mouth to answer, but it was some time before words actually left her tongue - and when they finally did, her voice was quiet, barely a whisper that quivered precariously.

Was it fear, awe, uncertainty? Erthë wasn't sure herself. Perhaps it was a bit of everything.

"Well, I... I want to make them proud. Dad, and Tembovu and Alune and everyone in the herd." And you. I want to make you proud of me too. "It matters what they think, because I love them. I want to make them happy, make it so they don't get hurt or sad... I just don't know how."

Erthë raised her eyes to try and meet the gleaming gaze of the Lady. Again she felt her insides squirm, but this time it was a different kind of emotion that caused it. Something like affection and gratitude for being there, but deeper and more pronounced.

Yes. Of course. She loved the Goddess too.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" Erthë asked, the hope so strong it felt as though her heart would burst from it. "Do you need anything done, something you don't have time for? I'll do whatever you like!"

ERTHË
I’m a princess cut from marble, smoother than a storm
Image Credits

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
[Moon] My empty arms were open - by Erthë - 08-29-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: [Moon] My empty arms were open - by Erthë - 08-29-2016, 01:25 PM
RE: [Moon] My empty arms were open - by Erthë - 08-30-2016, 02:03 PM
RE: [Moon] My empty arms were open - by Erthë - 08-30-2016, 03:54 PM