the Rift

[PRIVATE] Through the grapevine

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

"Which... ah, d'Arcy, probably, though I had a nice long talk with Enyo the other day too" Erthë said with a laugh, quickly covering up the small take back she had done. Wasn't Nyx the fostermother of the twins? But perhaps the soldier counted them all as equally hers despite blood ties or lack thereof... That was noble of her, Erthë wasn't sure she would have been able to do the same.

Perhaps the question about where these precious children were had been insensitive. Though faint, so much so that she would have missed it had she not been looking directly at the mare, Erthë saw the pained expression that ghosted over the General's face before a reply was given. She tried to make her smile warmer to show she understood - though she didn't really. Missing parents and missing kids probably belonged on different levels of worry - and cropped a mouthful of grass as she tried to phrase her words into something soothing and considerate.

"I think, sometimes it might be better to stay in one place and wait, even if it's hard. We - me and my dad, that is - have been running around trying to find the other for a long time. I think we keep going past one another, because I haven't seen him in almost a year. If you stay here, they will find you when they come back - and they will, sooner or later, as long as this remains 'home'."

Erthë shrugged a bit, leaving it to the mother to decide if the Edge had enough to offer her wayward kids. Perhaps it did, maybe it didn't - Erthë for one had always returned, but it was clear beyond doubt that the horizon would always carry its appeal to her. One day she might get tired of it and settle down within the mist-veiled forest, but until then she would keep wandering. What she had to work on was letting people know when and where she was headed off to, and when she could be expected back.

Nyx asked a question in return and the young mare was happy enough to reply, but if the mare had tried to steer the subject away from complicated family matters she was heading the wrong direction. Erthë smiled again but it was a pull of the lips this time, dull and dimmed over by sadness. She shook her head.

"No, I'm not. Father brought me here after mother passed away in the Rift war. We lived in the Basin before, but there were too many memories..."

Oh yes, too many. And they were all painful, even the ones who made her smile. This time it was Erthë's turn to abruptly change the subject, and she turned it to something completely different indeed; or at least different enough, even though there was a bit of a red thread still dangling.

"Say, what's it like being a soldier?" she asked, with eyes that overtly tried to see if Nyx had any obvious scars. "I saw what the Rift battles were like, but that's not really all there is to it, is there?"

ERTHË
I’m a princess cut from marble, smoother than a storm
Image Credits

@Nyx sorry for the wait

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
Through the grapevine - by Erthë - 08-29-2016, 02:42 PM
RE: Through the grapevine - by Nyx - 08-31-2016, 07:13 AM
RE: Through the grapevine - by Erthë - 08-31-2016, 08:42 AM
RE: Through the grapevine - by Nyx - 09-17-2016, 07:24 AM
RE: Through the grapevine - by Erthë - 10-16-2016, 03:39 PM