the Rift

[OPEN] While the dream disappears, the life continues painfully.

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

Megaera's gut twisted, thinking of Vastra and Castor just barely weaned and she had left them... left them, to try and find their sister. Was is as simple as that? Choosing one child over two? The eagle screeched at the bay mare and her thoughts bled into his mind "They were safe at home and Asavvi was alone, we both feared for her." he tried to console but it did nothing to assuage the heavy weight of guilt. The mare's ear's pinned themselves back as she shot a miserable glare at the eagle. She felt considerably less empty now that he was with her again, but Gwaihir's continued attempts at making her feel better were only making her feel worse. "I didn't know they were safe, it was a risk I should not have taken!" Especially since she had taken it for nothing. Her little stargazer was still gone. 

The eagle ruffled at this, unsure what else he could do or say when his words were only met with self-doubt and degradation on her part; this wasn't the self-assured Meg he remembered. "I'll check the oasis then." he said simply, knowing she would check the coast first--Castor loved the water so much. With a sweep of earthen wings, Gwaihir lifted himself to the sky again and soared southward towards the lake. 

And to the coast she aimed herself, or would have if a voice saying her name and a grey figure in her periphery had not pulled her head around. Sohalia- the mare Meg knew quite little of and had judged harshly. That she owed the pale mare an apology was the least of it. What sin, thought Megaera, had the Transcended committed that she was not now just as guilty of? When last they had spoken Meg had given no sympathy, no understanding, only attacked with passive aggressive drivel and petulant pride when Gaucho had reprimanded her for it.  It was another thing that she would have to set right, but not before she was sure her little ones were well. How was she? The question forced a stricken look to the bay's face but there was a hollow cast to the tone that so mirrored her own feelings that instead of snapping at Sohalia, Meg was led only to honesty. "My daughter is missing." Was it the words of the climate that mad her mouth feel so dry? "Gone without a trace and I couldn't find her, and I--" she choked on the next words, 'neglected my babies' was too appalling a phrase to be spoken aloud. 

Even as Meg wrestled with words, she was cut off by the cast of a familiar shadow. Einarr! There was such a tearing on emotion in her at the sight of him that she was struck silent. Relief that he himself was alive and well, despair when Asavvi was not at his side. She met his gaze with grim understanding. "Shekh anni..." My sun.... but all their little stars were scattered.

She heard his question to Sohalia, but as her gaze shifted towards the mare again they set upon a smudge on the sand, the disheveled form of her little red beauty. "Vastra." the faintest whisper, a thankful prayer, passed her lips and with no reguard for anything but her youngest child, Megaera moved between the figured of Einarr and Sohalia and to where the filly stood. She did'nt move faster than a brisk walk, but the girls pull of her was undeniable, magnetic and only now were there tears forming in the mare's dark eyes. She reached to pull her daughter into the circle of her wings, the safety of her embrace, murmuring gently "Vasa, my Vasa. Dear One, I am so sorry. So sorry..." 

megaera
this also has been one of the dark places of the earth

FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
RE: While the dream disappears, the life continues painfully. - by Megaera - 09-01-2016, 11:39 PM