the Rift

[OPEN] While the dream disappears, the life continues painfully.

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

It was bliss to hold one of her children again, it was blessed relief to wrap her wings around her little girl and know that she was safe, at lease for that moment. Even if it was jus one child of the five, Megaera had needed that touch, had been starved for it so much so that it didn’t register that Vastra did not reach to her in the same way. The mother bent her head down to rub her fece tenderly over the little girl. Reconcile. Reclaim. Reassure. 

"Uhff!" a surprised puff of air huffed out as some projectile plowed into Meg’s side. Looking down she only saw Castor, the little scamp, trying to regain his balance. She adjusted her wing to reach out and steady him, to bring him into the fold of her love once more. “Cas, shhh. Come my brave boy, I’m home, I’m here.” The twin’s reactions to her were so markedly different; Castor unable to contain him emotions while Vastra he'd a stoic sort of rigidity. Meg couldn't get them close enough. the guilt and grief that threatened to overrun her by just the smell of them, by the feel of their little bodies whole to her. They’re safe! At least they’re safe. and she would never leave that up to chance again.

It dawned on her then that this would be the first time that Einarr would meet their youngest children. She lifted her head, turning her attention back to where her mate stood with Sohalia in order to call his attention only to catch words that left her dazed.

”He’s dead.

It was ridiculous. Gaucho could not be dead. 

Meg’s entire consciousness was instantly in an uproar, railing against the idea, clamoring with reasons that it could simply not be true. No one could have defeated Gaucho in combat, he wasn’t even that old, he was beloved of the Sun God, he was ascended. But how could Sohalia be mistaken? Why would she choose to lie?

Like a magnet Meg was drawn away from her children, deaf to the beginnings of their little tussle. Her face was severe, threatening violence or tears, whichever one it was made her eyes shine with sharp emotion even as they were riveted to Sohalia's face. She searched the mare for some tell, for some sign that what she had just uttered was not the truth. But there was no lie in the white mare. 

Hot tears brimmed and spilled, even as her face was ablaze, her heart was ponding, even as Somalia continued speaking. In some valiant act of self-preservation, Meg held the most debilitating of her grief at bay, as always reaching for action rather than despair. She heard the appoint meant of Sikeax, and nodded, “I have to seek her out.”She said, voice shaking in equal parts rage and desperate denial. As long as there were steps to be taken for the good of the herd, she could hold herself together. She knew of Sikeax, owed the healer a debt for her aid in the day of Mordecai’s birth, and if the Sun God though she and Meg would work together than she would trust in that.  “I’ll call a meeting, I must know wha—“ She cut herself off as the rest of the dove’s words caught up to her.

“What do you mean…a…second…lead?” Her voice barely formed the words, whispering them as thought he merest breath would release that sword of damocles that swung above her head.

megaera
this also has been one of the dark places of the earth

FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
RE: While the dream disappears, the life continues painfully. - by Megaera - 10-05-2016, 07:29 PM