the Rift

[OPEN] Prophets and Dreamers

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

BY THE PRECEPTS OF HER PURITY

The Sun ached on her shoulders as she pulled more metals from the ground, sweat trailing the lines of effort and starving strength. The dusty summer’s blaze felt as endless as she imagined the heavens would be. The voices in her head were hushed. Silent, as if her thought knew she needed to be alone with the haunting depth within her. Since Gaucho's passing she had felt awkward in her skin, senseless; as dusty like the ground she plowed on and the air she breathed. She felt as if all this time she had unknowingly been dancing, dancing, dancing, like the flames, and suddenly she realized she hadn't been supposed to as soon as she had seen the Sultan's flames stumble, falter and vanish.

She didn’t want anyone prying into her grief, so she was better of just being fine. Words of comfort were usually useless and she knew she would need to return them, would someone give them to her, and she didn’t want to disappoint anyone with another social disability. So she moaned and sobbed in silence, in that same haunting depth within her, where it was easier to ignore it and, eventually, forget about it.

Maren smoothed out the materials she was pushing and pulling as she gave it a place in the metal-worked pillar she had been busy with. The temple would be mostly made out of the shiny solidified element, but would hold pieces of rocks and clay to keep the climate inside manageable. Perhaps the build was a bit extreme, would take up too much time. Even she could not see the ending from where they were at now, however, today that was a soothing feeling; Today she, for some reason, felt like this was exactly what she should be doing. Maybe it was just the feeling of this project seemingly so infinite to her fleeting mortality, that made her feel a little bit closer to the heavens above.

Image Credits

Working on a metal pillar for the Sun's Temple and using her seasonal 1 large item
Please tag me 

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: BLX1P.jpg]

SOHALIA

"Can I help?" a gentle voice said from nearby. Were Maren to seek out the source, she would find a pretty ivory pegasus standing nearby. Though her lips smiled, there was a sadness in her bicolored eyes that lingered. Like Maren, Sohalia the Transcended was not interested in words of comfort (what could anyone say to dull the ache in her chest?) or encouragement (it wasn't going to get any easier, she'd lost enough family to know by now). She simply wanted to work, to force her body into exhaustion so that maybe she would manage to sleep without being plagued by nightmares.

The mare stepped closer, appraising the Diviner and her work. Though Cera had told the dove of the plans for a church, Sohalia had gotten only passing glances at their herd's wise one. It was only now, standing right beside Maren, that the pale mare realized just how beautiful she was. Strange, tiger-like markings criss-crossed an otherwise pristine coat complete with dark legs; white wings sprouted (oddly enough) from behind her ears. A long, silky mane and tail completed the almost angelic look of the Diviner.

As for the church, it was only partially done. The Transcended had become familiar with the project when she had begun carrying metal to the construction site for Cera. Now, having recently been promoted to Artisan - and, with the promotion, gifted once more with the metal-working magic unique to the Dragon's Throat - Sohalia was eager to be of more use. It had been some time since she had worked on anything of this magnitude, and the promised beauty of the finished product drew her in like a moth to flame.

"I don't believe we've properly met. My name is Sohalia," she added. "I am an Artisan. I have worked with Cera for some time, off and on, and I can craft with metal, too. Please - if I can help, I would love some direction."

"talk talk talk"

Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

A voice rang beside her and she looked up to find the ivory portrait of the Transcended, gleaming against the golden sands of the Throat. For a moment Maren looked at her in silence, examining the look in the girl's eyes. Perhaps it was her imagination, but she thought she saw that same longing, that quiet, mad need to hollow out her soul, to cope with the grief that pressed the herd with its frailty and loss.

But the words she said were so different than she had expected. She couldn’t decide what to say to her in return. If anything, she would've envisioned words of tragic and sadness, for she would’ve thought Sohalia as a mare that shared her feelings. If anything, Maren would’ve thought her someone who would seek her out to share them — emotions of grief and pain caused by Gaucho's death — with Maren, to find shelter for them, to hide them in the care of the Diviner so that she may be rid of them. But there was none of that. The mare was trying to hide them, dispose of them, like herself, but in the cracks and holes of this temple. For once, Maren didn't mind her duty as Wise One being ignored and overseen. She didn't feel particularly wise today, anyway. Sohalia was probably tired as well, but didn’t care — as well. Thinking this, the tiger mare tried to sound casual.

“Any help is welcome.”

Already knowing who the ivory mare was, she still listened to her introduction carefully, which Maren couldn’t help but find rather thoughtful of her, especially because she was surprised to hear that the mare had taken up the job as artisan. It intrigued her. After all, she had not forgotten that, like Cera, the Transcended was a former Diviner herself.

Maren’s golden gaze traveled around the temple’s building site while she thought about all the things that were left to be done. “I could use a pair of wings to do some work on the tower’s metal foundation and filling up the notches higher up. The seagulls can be annoying, but at least you can catch a breeze there.” She smiled, almost tragically, her voice mirroring the longing she felt for a nice, cold swoop of wind between her ears. She hoped she didn’t sound too dismissive. She could’ve asked Sohalia to help her down here, with the lower ground work, but she could only postpone the hardest part for so long. And, since there was no way her wings would be able to carry her even a few inches higher than she could jump, the Transcended seemed to be the perfect solution. “Only if you want to,” She added carefully, perhaps feeling the water and trying to grasp the thoughts from the look in the girl's eyes. But the tiger mare was still unforgivably horrible when it came down to reading faces. “For the construction we work to create cells with our metal so that we can fill it up with rocks, clay and sand later. See here.”

Maren wandered to a finished wall of the main hall where the metal notches were almost invisible now, completely filled up with orange clay and rocks, except the part where the stained window, made by the World’s Edge crafter, shimmered in the sunlight, throwing its colored patch of light like a confused shadow on the ground before them. She returned her golden eyes back to the Transcended. "What do you think?"

Image Credits

@Sohalia !
Please tag me 

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: BLX1P.jpg]

SOHALIA

"Any help is welcome," the Diviner said kindly, though Sohalia imagined that she saw a look of pity in her golden gaze. Did Maren know of the history between she and the WildFire? Did she suspect that Sohalia's heart had been torn from her chest, that all of her memories left her torn and bleeding, that her guilt meant to crush and consume her? Did she know that Gaucho had been the center of the Transcended's little world, that he had been the stallion to gift her with (most of) her children, that he had offered her undying love and devotion, that he had always had the best of intentions for her and for them, even if he'd had an odd way of showing it at times? Sohalia's bicolored eyes found the sand beneath her feet, a deep breath lifting her shoulders and expanding her chest, only to be expelled as a soft sigh.

When she looked up again, there was nothing but a quiet thoughtfulness in Maren's gaze as the tiger mare looked around the half-built temple. As she suggested that the Transcended work higher up, relief budded within the ivory dove. It would seem that Maren was no more eager than she to talk about her feelings, and for once, Sohalia preferred the silence that was to come. She could work herself into exhaustion in peace, without having to confront the guilt and pain that plagued her, helping build the temple at the same time. It was a winning situation for both she and the Diviner, and she followed to inspect an example of the work she would be expected to do in silence.

"It seems straightforward enough," she responded, her voice distant as she looked over the frame filled with rocks. She reached out with her magic, feeling for the metal where she couldn't see it behind rocks, allowing the shape of the existing piece to guide her understanding of what would be required higher up. She nodded. "I would be happy to do the ones up there." The mare paused, looking over the stained glass window. It was pretty, and she appreciated the colored light that it let in. Somehow, it reminded her of the Ancient Rotunda, and she found herself wondering if this structure, too, would be standing long after they were gone.

"Who crafted the glass?" she asked then, curiosity coloring her previously emotionless tones. Perhaps a mental distraction would be as helpful as the physical one she intended to create after they had finished speaking.

"talk talk talk"

Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

@Maren
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

“It seems straightforward enough.”

Maren watched as the mare nodded, perhaps lazy in her stance. (Lazy in her mind). She seemed to understand what she had been going for, even though Maren sometimes wondered what her attempt on handiwork must look like to those within the artisan careers. She wasn’t really on their level, or the same at all; dangling and swaying from artisan to diviner, back and forth or perhaps both at the same time. She didn’t even know which of the two she was more these days — of course she knew but... Which one had truly been appreciated? I guess I am just another cloud hanging between sea and land — Not that she minded, not at all. Compared to these metal foundations, she had never been as straightforward  after all.

(Since when did she get sentimental enough to start caring whether or not what she did was appreciated?)

She sighed as she felt the warmth press on her damp coat, sweat lingering underneath her mane, behind her ears. “I wasn’t there, but I figure it was Anzanie. We met her at the World’s Edge, a talented crafter,” she said, she summer-sun pressing on her tone. She wondered if what the Transcended was looking for was small talk or if she was honestly curious. “She seemed nice.” As far as my judgement goes, she thought, keeping in a shrug.

She remembered appreciating the handiwork, the way the colors were mixed through the frail glass, wrapped and held together within the lead. She had acknowledged and enjoyed the logic behind it, but now that she was looking at it again, with Sohalia, she couldn’t help but wonder what kind of emotions the glass shaper had put into it. The reflective coloration caused the yellow sand to dance in color as well. As if there were some kind of magic dancing deep within the surface. Dancing, dancing, lightly, gracefully. Tugging — pulling on… emotions? Perhaps that’s what hanging around with true artisan’s did to one’s mind. Fuel for sentimental thoughts. “Anyway,” she scraped her throat, making place for a more logical train of thoughts to choo-choo away the ridiculous visions of dancing light in all kinds of brilliantly colored harmonies within the sandy frames of the Throat’s gold shimmering sand. “If you don’t mind, I’m going back to work now.”Sweat out this nostalgic feeling. She would’ve liked Gaucho to at least see the finished Temple, though she thought he had probably not cared too much about it in the few last remaining seconds of his life. “Faith inside sperm muscles!” he would’ve probably said… or something along those lines… — No, wait — he had truly cared, she knew that much. It was time to turn away, back to her pillar, back to her work.

“Be strong...”
Ugh... She had bit her tongue.

Image Credits

@Sohalia, wrapping it up with this, if that's okay with you! :D
Please tag me