the Rift

[PRIVATE] What Comes Next..? [Amani]

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
Come ride with me through the veins of history.
 I'll show you how God falls asleep on the job.

The stallion's great head was stretched out on the sand, the massive frame laying on the ground. He was inconsolable. Gaucho had been a dear friend to him, had been one of those that helped to cleanse the land of the wraiths. It wasn't often thatone saw the great warrior laid out on the ground like this. The death of such a great warrior and friend hit him hard, enough if he wouldn't show it in public. Veci hovered near him, trying to sooth the stallion's mind. But Hector was having none of his. Large wings were partially unfolded and spread across the ground as well. Fiery orange eyes were partially closed as the stallion grieved. What came next? Gaucho was dead, Megara had been demoted, and Sikeax had been promoted to Sultana.

Things would certainly be different now. No longer did a horse of warrior mind lead the Throat. Sikeax was a healer, not a fighter. If she needed his help, he would be there to help her. No matter what, he would stand by his friend. The stallion was sprawled in the shade of a tree, looking very pitiful. But if one was to approach him, he would quickly compose himself. No need for a warrior of his honor to be seen like this. He put up a brave front, but behind the scenes he had as much compassion and empathy as any other horse. A warrior needed to look brave and powerful and courageous. Not a horse that would falter under the slightest thing.

"blah blah"
< /font>
< /blockquote>

@[Amani]

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

AMANI

So much to think about since the death of our Sultan..... My head spins. Am I bad luck? My parents died protecting me.... Many others along my path as I have grown up have simply gone... Had they seen the disaster I have become and stayed away? Was this why I seem to be always on my own? Maybe it's all true. Tears being to form in the corners of my golden eyes. Tears and being airborne are not exactly a good mix. So as carefully as I can I angle down, the tears starting to blur my vision. I can not say that my landing was the most elegant ever. I did however stay on my hooves so that counts for something.

As I walk, the winds tug gently at my mane and tail. The red sands dance around me as the air swirls and moves about. Do I even really belong here? I had thought that the sands and the heat was my calling. Just like my mother had always believed. The God of the Sun, He has never led me wrong.

I am so caught up in my thoughts, that I did not see him until I was almost upon him. "He-Hector?" I question softly. I am not sure that this is his name, as it's been so long since I have really seen him around the herd. Then again, I have been in and out my entire time here as well.... So.... Maybe, just maybe he's been here and I have not. I don't know. "Are you alright?" I try to hide my own tears, and focus on him instead.

"their speech goes here and this is the color

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

The stallion is startled by the sound of a voice, and quickly begins to get to his hooves. Long, sturdy legs fold under him, shoving the stallion off the sands. "Oh, hello there Amani." He said, shaking sand from his body and wings. Gaucho and Vorsa's feathers were twined into his mane. "I'm fine." He said, voice still slightly shaky as he spoke. Even despite his words that he was fine, his wings drooped and his head was held lower than its usual regal carriage. It was obvious that he was not okay. Gaucho was a close friend of his, and he would miss the WildFire. Gaucho and him had gone through much together, with the wraiths and all the craziness from the past few years.

"How are you holding up?" He asked curiously, trying to shake the focus off himself. He wasn't one that particularly enjoyed talking about himself, especially not when it came to his feelings. The Guardian needed to portray an air of confidence around everyone else. He couldn't bear to let others see that he was not the strong, stoic warrior he needed to be to guard the throat against any possible threats. His head dipped towards Amani, patiently awaiting the answer of the smaller mare. She was easily 3 hands smaller than him, and if they had been fighting a battle he probably could've overpowered her. Not that he would want to, she was such a sweet mare. He only wished he had some foals to teach how to protect but also be super sweet and gentle.

Text. "Speech."

@Amani

• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Emily

AMANI

"Oh, hello there Amani." I tilt my head slightly, as his body language screamed otherwise. It was obvious to me, that he was not okay. But none the less he tried to turn the conversation to me. Had he noticed my drying tears? "How are you holding up?" I sigh heavily. "The best any of us can. He, the Wildfire.... He wouldn't want us all to mope around." I can feel my words being the right thing to say.... But the tone.... Well it gives away the fact that I do not feel these words myself. "How are you holding up?" I turn his own question back to him, as my muzzle reaches out to touch his if he will let me. I have to turn my head up to do so.

I have not show any affection in a long time. But Hector is a herd mate. We both are alone and dealing with a loss.... A loss that I am not sure we can bare alone. Something inside me longs to move closer to the larger stallion. He stands at least three hands higher than me. But seems to be more of a gently giant. How can I not be there for him when he needs someone. I can, for now put aside my own grief to be there for him. I have always done better, holding my emotions in after all. Now too, could be my chance to shine. My chance to show someone that I am worth something by being there for my herd.

It's only then that my golden eyes look at the stallion. Not only is he taller than I am, but he is built much different than I am. I see the horns that grow from his face. The one set of wings that spread from his back. His strength is undeniable. Could he be a good stallion, to have a family with? I mentally shake my head. My eyes and heart have been for Cera for so long.... Am I capable of falling for another, even just for a moment? Do I even deserve the chance at a family?

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

She seemed to be holding up as well as he was. Which wasn't all that great if he was being honest. "Gaucho and I were close... We fought together many times, and I feel that if I had not him at my side, I might not have been standing here today." He said softly, allowing his head to droop lower and the muscles that held his wings to his sides relaxed as he let his emotions show a bit more. "I don't know how I can go on without Gaucho... He was like a brother to me." Glancing around, the stallion made sure there was no one else around. Almost out of nowhere it seemed Amani was stretching her muzzle up to touch his, and he allowed her to do so.

He had no been shown this type of affection since Morana, or Daenerys. Oh Daenerys and their son and daughter... How he longed for a family once again. But was he deserving of a family? Would the God of the Sun deem him worthy to father another foal or two during the rest of his life? Oh how he hoped. Did he deserve the chance to try again to have a family. "Amani.. I have never noticed how pretty you are." He said softly, eyes looking over her form. She was smaller than he was, but elegant in form and graceful it appeared. His muscular neck arched, and he lightly pawed the sand beneath their feet. Suddenly feeling like he wanted to do something happy after all this sadness, an idea popped into his head.

Spreading his wings, he gently flapped them to rise a few feet into the air. "M'lady, may I have this dance?" He asked, smiling down towards her from his positioning a handful of feet in the air. Whatever happened today would happen as it was meant to happen. If the Gods wanted something to happen, then it would happen.

Text. "Speech."

@Amani

Emily

AMANI

Finally, he opened up. I had not expected him to speak so freely. "Gaucho and I were close... We fought together many times, and I feel that if I had not him at my side, I might not have been standing here today." I was stunned by his words, and unable to speak for a bit. But when I finally found my voice I shared my own grief. "Gaucho was there for me when few others were. I met him not long after I arrived in Helovia, after following Cera to the Throat. He taught me, more than I think anyone will ever know about following our patron, and how our faithfulness is rewarded." My days as a disciple and as the diviner had not been wasted. However my faithfulness was yet to be rewarded.

"Amani.. I have never noticed how pretty you are." The words surprised me. So much so that I took a step backward. Playfully I pushed the compliment aside. "Do we need to get your eyes checked? Pretty is not a word I would use to describe me. Maybe, plain, or ordinary. But never pretty." It had started as a joke, but turned into honest words. Why would anyone notice me? I am nothing among a herd of supermodels. Not even the God of the Sun's blessing that my mother seems to of passed down to me made any difference. I am just lucky that my coat never gets dirty. Which means it is always easy to look my best, my ordinary best.

His wings spread and he lifts off just a few feet, and I wonder if I have offended him in some way. "M'lady, may I have this dance? I look up at him, curious. A dance? What was this dance he spoke of? I have never been asked to dance before.... And then it clicks. Oh, OH! Is he asking? Oh my. The nervousness and excitement flows quickly through my body. "Yes M'Lord, you may." My nervousness is clear in my voice. I do not know where this day is heading. I could be losing my virginity this day, to a very handsome knight who is way out of my league. But I take to the skies none the less, dancing off just a bit, while waiting for whatever was going to come next.

The sun was setting as the two of them lifted into the air, and stars began to glitter in the sky. "You are very beautiful tonight Amani. These stars make your coat shine like the stars above." He said softly as they began to twist around in the air in a graceful dance in the night. Great wings flapped, wrapping around her with every couple of strokes. As they danced in the early night, he began to get them to lower down towards the ground. "I will admit, I have never really noticed you around the herd.. Then again I wasn't around too terribly much lately." He said softly once they were back on the ground. Once both sets of their hooves were on the ground, he would drape his head over her neck gently in a sweet manner.

Wrapping his wings around her gently, he would let out a soft nicker. "Amani, would you care to engage in a different kind of dance? An... adult dance?" He asked softly, looking at the mare winged mare as she stood near him. She was attractive, and gorgeous in his opinion. But if her comment was anything to go by, she didn't see herself the same way he saw her. Which meant perhaps this night could increase her self confidence , with his constant reassurances that she truly was beautiful, and he wasn't just saying that she was pretty to be nice. He thought the mare was pretty, and emotions were running high today. What with the death of Gaucho and everything that had happened...

Text. "Speech."

@Amani

Emily

AMANI

"You are very beautiful tonight Amani. These stars make your coat shine like the stars above." His words made me swoon. We twisted and turned in the sky, in a airborne dance like I have never made before. My heart was soaring in ways I had never felt as well. That is until his next words brought me crashing back down inside. "I will admit, I have never really noticed you around the herd.. Then again I wasn't around too terribly much lately." I knew he was trying to soften the blow. I was very, well very easy to look over. It only cemented the fact that I feel ordinary. As we land again, his head drapes oh so gently across my neck and withers. The sign of affection is surprising to say the least.

His wings wrap around me as well, making me feel safe for the first time since... Well in a really long time. My body relaxes, which is also a first. "Amani, would you care to engage in a different kind of dance? An... adult dance?" My mind is spinning. An adult dance? OH! This dance will be different than the first dance. Almost at once I become shy. "You.... You will have to teach me how to dance.. I speak softly. Would he still want me, knowing I have never danced with another.

My body trembles slightly. My head lifts trying to twist and look him in the eyes. Their emotions were running high, her and maybe his judgement clouded. But maybe this was what this both needed. Maybe he could teach her a dance that would take all the worries, fear, stress and every bad emotion she felt away. Maybe, just maybe he could really notice her in a way that no other had ever noticed. That is, if he was willing to teach her.

@Hector