the Rift

[PRIVATE] Gratitude lives in apology's shadow

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
“Tembovu? Are you alright?”

Her words rattled in his great skull, fully sweeping away and cobwebs sleep may have left in his consciousness. Navy eyes sharpened, first on her verdantly green gaze (it was so brightly green), before slipping to Mbwene’s blues. He blinked a few more times, silently annoyed that his companion had sprung his Devoted Queen’s presence on him as such. With Alysanne, he was never certain what would happen (which insults flung or joyous news shared), so he needed to be alert with his Queen.

However, at the given moment, he was not. So, after a pointed stare at his small, tusked companion (who responded with a short toot and a flick of her tiny, tasseled tail), he turned his attention wholly and fully on the Devoted Queen. The woman was lovely, as ever; quite the contrast the the sleep-fuzzy King who had a single pine needle still clinging to the side of his face. Though she looked tired—had she slept?

He shook his heavy skull slightly, focusing on her question. “Yes, I am fine, Alysanne. Thank you,” his rumble was deep, still slightly husky from sleep. Slowly, he lurched to his feet, raising his heavy haunches with no semblance of grace. Moving solid muscle was heavy, and the Elephant’s sleep had made him stiff. He shook himself gently, sending a few pine needles that had clung to his buckskin hide scattering to the ground; though a few still caught in the black slash on his barrel. He paid the no mind, attention still wholly focused on the bold, black and white beauty before him.

“I am more than fine, because of you. I deeply thank you for helping Rexanna with her birth, and for telling me of my children. I am in your debt,” his low, throaty roll was genuine, navy eyes sincere in their earnest stare, “If there is anything I can do…” His voice trailed off, implying that the Elephant would be willing to oblige the Queen with whatever favor she request.

The morning’s light caught and twinkled on her bejeweled face, drawing his attention from her eyes to the new halter and necklace, “Those are beautiful, Alysanne.” His thickly spiraled, black ebony horn motion towards her new adornments.

@Alysanne

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Gratitude lives in apology's shadow - by Tembovu - 09-03-2016, 10:10 PM
RE: Gratitude lives in apology's shadow - by Tembovu - 09-10-2016, 04:08 PM