[PRIVATE] Gratitude lives in apology's shadow

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

if you could only understand, through my heart and my veins

I gave it all, I'll give it all again

--

It felt strange to find a common weakness with Tembovu, though Hemlock unhappily supplied a list of others that Alysanne chose to ignore - such as their anger issues. For now, though, at his chuckle Alysanne’s smile warmed further. Foals and family - her weaknesses as well. Tembovu revealed that Rexanna was choosing to remain in the Basin instead of moving to the Edge. Which, well, Alysanne had conflicting feelings about. She applauded her golden friend’s strength and determination in not giving up her home and rank because of some stallion but still, it would be nice to have Rexanna and her twins here in the Edge. “Perhaps she will change her mind one day.” Alysanne offered as some consolation, hope warming her voice.

If only they could talk about family and these safe topics forever, but that was not the nature of their relationship - the Devoted and the Elephant King.

Alysanne was thankful that he waited for her to get it all out, as much as she stumbled and halted through it. He apologized, which felt great but she forced herself not to roll her eyes at the statement that followed it, forced down the fire that burned in her stomach at those words. “I didn’t want you to know, didn’t think my reasons were any of your business.” She spoke carefully, a sad smile in her eyes as she purposefully kept any edge out of those words, not wanting to spark another argument over the same thing. It still wasn’t any of his business, at least not on a personal level, and it still annoyed her that he hadn’t trusted her judgement as a doctor.

How could he trust her judgement as a queen?

But Alysanne mentally shook off those thoughts because they would only bring her trouble. She didn’t want to get into an argument with him, not when she had a favour to ask. She had started this meeting with the intentions of being honest with him and she wasn’t going to back down now. So she took another steadying breath and answered his question. “I wanted the magic to take pain from others and transfer it to me, temporarily, to give relief.” Her green eyes were glued to his face, watching carefully for the reaction, and stilling her tongue until she had that reaction. So far, she had yet to have someone say ‘wow that’s helpful! What a good idea Alysanne!’ so her hopes weren’t exactly high. She wasn’t even overly fond of the idea of the magic herself anymore but here she was, continuing it - afraid of what might happen if she should fail.

Failing wasn’t an option with their Goddess. Especially not now.

-- alysanne

the devoted

art by percyvelle & coding by Kyra

@Tembovu
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Gratitude lives in apology's shadow - by Tembovu - 09-03-2016, 10:10 PM
RE: Gratitude lives in apology's shadow - by Alysanne - 10-11-2016, 12:13 AM