[PRIVATE] Gratitude lives in apology's shadow

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

if you could only understand, through my heart and my veins

I gave it all, I'll give it all again

--

At his comment, his only comment, Aly released a quick humourless laugh and muttered “Some don’t think so.” But she really didn’t want to get into that whole thing right now.

The time had come to get right down to the point, Tembovu was looking at her as if he knew that there was more that she didn’t say. And of course there was more - it was a boulder weighing down her stomach and working its way up into her throat until it was just going to burst forward. She felt like she was choking on the words, which was ridiculous.

Even if they weren’t exactly “friends”, she had never shied away from asking for help when she needed it before. This shouldn’t, theoretically, be any different.

Still, Aly couldn’t remember feeling quite this uncomfortable in a long, long time but she still felt like this was the best shot that she had. Others she could ask, sure, but she believed Tembovu would be the most likely to actually give her what she needed. Finally steeling herself, she forced herself to just say it. Standing there, staring at him, wasn’t going to get the job done. “I… I was wondering if you could do me a favour and help me with this task.” That was ridiculously hard to get out and she started to feel winded just saying that single sentence. But it did not make her skin crawl the way she expected it to - after all, she was the one asking for the favour, she needed him to say yes.

The Moon Goddess had told her it was supposed to be difficult and Aly had to agree, it certainly was.

“I need to sustain an injury, something not as superficial as a small cut or a bruise - but not something that would fester and grow to be infected too easily.” She had already made that mistake - letting too deep of a wound heal for itself and facing the consequences. Now she bore that scar on her thigh, a deep and terrible gash, that required the skillful talents and magic of her friend Lena to heal.

She took a steadying breath, not letting herself look away from his face - watching as much as she was listening for his reaction. “With your warrior background I thought you… you might be willing and have the knowledge to make such a wound.” And then she just waited, her eyes not quite pleading but filled with apprehension. It was a strange request, she knew, and not one she expected him to take lightly. Or, at least, she hoped it would not be.    

-- alysanne

the devoted

art by percyvelle & coding by Kyra

FINALLY
@Tembovu
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Gratitude lives in apology's shadow - by Tembovu - 09-03-2016, 10:10 PM
RE: Gratitude lives in apology's shadow - by Alysanne - 11-17-2016, 07:09 PM