the Rift

[OPEN] Someone New

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia
The winged shape in the sky was unfamiliar, and Sohalia the Transcended couldn't help the suspicion that blossomed in her gut. Though she had once been a naive, trusting mare, that part of herself had gotten lost somewhere along the way. After surviving a variety of challenges in Helovia, not to mention the kidnapping that had forced her from her home, she viewed anything new trespassing on what she considered her territory with a modicum of reservation. A perfectly friendly stranger could be a master manipulator, intent on destroying her home or her loved ones. When she was out and about on neutral ground, she was more relaxed, but here - there was just too much at stake to be cavalier.

So it was with a vague sense of mistrust that the ivory dove glided over the blue waters that surrounded the Dragon's Throat. It seemed odd that a pegasus - a member of the one species that had always been welcome here - would stop outside the borders. If it was a stranger, perhaps they merely meant to be respectful. If it was an outsider from somewhere other than Helovia, perhaps they didn't know. But maybe - even if this was a stretch, it was possible - maybe they were a scout for an enemy, hoping to find some weakness, some way to invade the Throat. In any case, she was going to find out who they were and what they wanted. She might not be a powerful warrior or a sneaky thief, but she had diplomacy on her side. It had served her well so far.

The dove landed daintily on the sands of Helovia, fluttering her wings gently as she settled them at her sides. To the stranger, she offered a polite (if wary) smile. It was a mare, tall and muscular without appearing bulky. Her markings were unique and intriguing: a dark blaze ran down the center of her face, offset by the white markings extending from beneath her eyes to her nose. Oddly enough, they looked almost like teeth. Four horns protruded from the stranger's brow, and her wings were mismatched, though Sohalia was distracted from this observation by the deep red cloak that hung limply off the mare's broad shoulder. All in all, there was something about the stranger that was different than other pegicorns she had seen in her travels. She just couldn't put her hoof on what it was.

The mare stood before a weathered statue, seeming to study it with an appraising gaze. As Sohalia approached on foot, having landed a polite distance away so as not to startle the stranger into attacking, she turned her own attention to the stone. What it had been erected for, she had no idea; but the other mare looked at it as though expecting something of it. Sohalia's curiosity was piqued. A movement among the folds of the cloak drew her attention, and she noticed a dragon perched upon the stranger's back, betraying equine lineage. Her eyebrows rose an infinitesimal amount. So the stranger was a tribrid, then. Had she ever knowingly met someone of all three bloodlines before?

"Greetings," Sohalia started with a smile, her soprano voice pleasant and warm. "My name is Sohalia. I am an Artisan of the Dragon's Throat. I hope I'm not intruding, but I noticed you arrive from the other shore, and I wondered if you might be looking for something." Her bicolored eyes lingered on the other mare's face expectantly. Surely the stranger hadn't come just to loiter by some old statue?

"Talk talk talk."

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...

@Isopia

AWESOME I LOVE YOUR BEWB
uhwutimean
It's a pretty table xD
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
Someone New - by Isopia - 09-02-2016, 02:25 PM
RE: Someone New - by Sohalia - 09-08-2016, 07:38 PM
RE: Someone New - by Isopia - 09-13-2016, 10:02 AM
RE: Someone New - by Sohalia - 11-03-2016, 04:29 PM
RE: Someone New - by Isopia - 11-12-2016, 04:15 PM
RE: Someone New - by Sohalia - 11-15-2016, 05:31 PM
RE: Someone New - by Isopia - 11-15-2016, 05:48 PM
RE: Someone New - by Sohalia - 11-17-2016, 01:54 PM
RE: Someone New - by Isopia - 11-19-2016, 10:12 AM
RE: Someone New - by Sohalia - 12-02-2016, 02:04 PM
RE: Someone New - by Isopia - 01-01-2017, 02:35 PM