the Rift

[OPEN] Someone New

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia

Me, longing to be free, I won't let you fade away
We, shed so many dreams, I'll let them fade away

Isopia was unsure whether Sohalia meant to land and speak with her, or merely carry on. She would have preferred the latter of the two options, but as the pale creature descended from the skies and landed, her trajectory indicated to the demigoddess that a conversation was about to occur.

She sighed.

Isopia's hardened golden stare pulled away from the statue as the Transcended rounded the corner, moving into a proximity that made it impossible for Isopia to continue to ignore her presence without appearing rude. The Mountain's ears perked forward to catch the dove's words, finding them odd. I don't mean to intrude, she had said, and then done precisely that. She then offered that she was an artisan, but hadn't inquired about the statue. This indicated to the quad-horned mare that likely this mare was in a position of power, (why else would she have come all the way over, just to see if Isopia required assistance? (Of course, altruism rarely came to Isopia's mind as an explanation)), or that she was lying about her rank. If she was an artisan, surely her questions would have focused on the creation that stood before them?

Or perhaps she was wrong all together.

Hubris trilled a bright hello, extending his bronzey wings from his body and nodding happily to Sohalia. "I was." Isopia responded, her tone clinical and academic as always. And, as always, she only offered the information that was asked of her. Surprisingly this mare didn't ask her name. Perhaps that was an oversight, or perhaps the dove already knew that she was called The Mountain That Knows. Many did, and it wouldn't surprise her if the mare knew of the moniker. "But I've found it now." Isopia's golden stare roamed to the statue indicating that it was the it her sentence referred to. "I built this for someone. But I don't think they need it anymore."

Her large shoulders shrugged as if this was of no consequence to her, and in truth, it wasn't. What Thunderhead decided to do with the WHATCH and its mission was her business. Isopia's task had stood the test of a few seasons, and that was pleasing in itself to the girl, regardless of whether anyone actually used it.

Image by Tamme!
@Sohalia

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
Someone New - by Isopia - 09-02-2016, 02:25 PM
RE: Someone New - by Sohalia - 09-08-2016, 07:38 PM
RE: Someone New - by Isopia - 09-13-2016, 10:02 AM
RE: Someone New - by Sohalia - 11-03-2016, 04:29 PM
RE: Someone New - by Isopia - 11-12-2016, 04:15 PM
RE: Someone New - by Sohalia - 11-15-2016, 05:31 PM
RE: Someone New - by Isopia - 11-15-2016, 05:48 PM
RE: Someone New - by Sohalia - 11-17-2016, 01:54 PM