the Rift

[OPEN] Someone New

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia
Despite the Mountain’s queries, she did not seem to be satisfied with the answers she received, and Sohalia was left to wonder if it was herself or the stranger who was lacking. She had always considered herself to be fairly eloquent with words, and had never been presented with such an odd interaction before. Of course, the Transcended painted her words with emotion, whereas Isopia considered the world with a clinical detachment that was altogether foreign to her ivory companion. From an analytical perspective, it made sense that each of them was somewhat perplexed (if that was indeed the right word) by the other.

But Sohalia thought nothing of this, instead pausing to consider her words more carefully. Frustration was beginning to build, for she could not understand why having a discussion with this stranger, the creator of the beautiful statue, was so difficult. Surely as fellow crafters, they ought to have something in common? And they did, in truth, share a great deal: they were both terrible mothers in their own way, for example. But that was neither here nor there; it was just one more subject that would never be breached between the two of them, even as they became more acquainted later on.

”I’m not sure,” she answered the Mountain’s latest question with a thoughtful expression. ”I have been without crafting before. My ability to work metal comes and goes with the Sun’s whim, and even my crystal magic was granted to me after years of living without. But now… it’s so much a part of me that I’m not sure I would ever want to be without it. It’s been a steadfast comfort to me in some very trying times.” She shrugged. ”But then, I am not sure I would be of any use doing anything else. If I was different… perhaps my answer would be different.

“If you don’t mind my asking,”
she added then, curious, ”what would you do, if not crafting?”

"Talk talk talk."

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...

@Isopia
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
Someone New - by Isopia - 09-02-2016, 02:25 PM
RE: Someone New - by Sohalia - 09-08-2016, 07:38 PM
RE: Someone New - by Isopia - 09-13-2016, 10:02 AM
RE: Someone New - by Sohalia - 11-03-2016, 04:29 PM
RE: Someone New - by Isopia - 11-12-2016, 04:15 PM
RE: Someone New - by Sohalia - 11-15-2016, 05:31 PM
RE: Someone New - by Isopia - 11-15-2016, 05:48 PM
RE: Someone New - by Sohalia - 11-17-2016, 01:54 PM
RE: Someone New - by Isopia - 11-19-2016, 10:12 AM
RE: Someone New - by Sohalia - 12-02-2016, 02:04 PM
RE: Someone New - by Isopia - 01-01-2017, 02:35 PM