the Rift

[OPEN] Someone New

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia

Me, longing to be free, I won't let you fade away
We, shed so many dreams, I'll let them fade away

Isopia's headed nodded with understanding as Sohalia mentioned that part of her magic was given to her by the God of the Sun. And, like the pale dove, Isopia mentally added that fact to the list of ways in which the two were alike. Once upon a time Isopia too had magic given to her by the God of the Earth. It was very similar to her own, and yet she had noticed the loss when it was taken away from her (or rather, when she decided to finally give up the apperance of contributing to her herd, and take on a rank-given magic that would be used more selfishly).

And, as Sohalia had already realized, Sohalia's emotion-based response, ("...it has been a comfort to me..") did not really resonate with Isopia's rigid, analytical way of thinking. Sure, the demigoddess had built things which she liked - her hot tub for instance, or her hut. She'd also created things like the statue which they now stood next to, and other little trinkets. But had her magic ever been a comfort? No .. she didn't really think that it had been.

"Maybe one did you will be different." Isopia nearly-agreed, her words sounding prophetic, but only just.

Isopia didn't necessarily mind that Sohalia was asking, what she minded was having to answer. But, she was actually trying to make an effort to be better at conversing, and so instead of sighing and turning away, she tried to formulate an answer that she could articulate.

"Heal perhaps." She said at least, her golden eyes finding the bi-coloured gaze of Sohalia. It would be an interesting magic for one so detached from humanity to have. What motivations would Isopia have to heal, when it seemed as though she'd sooner be left entirely alone? Weren't healers normally empathetic outgoing creatures? "it is the strangest feeling to see someone injured and know that there is nothing in your power which can aid them." She continued. "I also have the feeling it would please my Father. Though his capacities are far greater than mine, and he has never had to choose between abilities. Though, he would probably opt for me to remove other magics that I possess, rather than my crafting ability." She concluded, almost sulkily. Very likely the Earth would, if he was asked, advise to get rid of her transformation abilities. Why hide? Why be veiled by another's body? Those would likely be his sorts of thoughts on the matter.

Image by Tamme!
@SohaliaShe

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
Someone New - by Isopia - 09-02-2016, 02:25 PM
RE: Someone New - by Sohalia - 09-08-2016, 07:38 PM
RE: Someone New - by Isopia - 09-13-2016, 10:02 AM
RE: Someone New - by Sohalia - 11-03-2016, 04:29 PM
RE: Someone New - by Isopia - 11-12-2016, 04:15 PM
RE: Someone New - by Sohalia - 11-15-2016, 05:31 PM
RE: Someone New - by Isopia - 11-15-2016, 05:48 PM
RE: Someone New - by Sohalia - 11-17-2016, 01:54 PM