the Rift

[OPEN] Forced choices

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

[OMG I SUCK SO HARD. @Chernobyl is free to go. Sorry dude, I thought I posted this x.x]

This assignment had been much easier than the demigoddess expected. Normally The Mountain did not appreciate being given menial tasks to complete for the sake of the herd. Partially it was because she found the takes onerous and pointless (building prisons? For what? A garden? Didn't they live in a lush river valley?), but partially because she simply didn't respect those giving orders.

But he was different. The old man, who hadn't demanded her trust, but who had won it fairly in a riddling contest. A contest of minds - Isopia's favourite kind, and while Isopia had come away with the trinket she had sought, perhaps it was the old man who had won the more valuable prize.

Isopia's respect.

And so here she was.

The fact that her stalking of her appointed subject had gone off flawlessly did not surprise the demi-goddess. Unlike sparring which actually took a fair amount of study on her part, she found targeting others and exploiting their weaknesses second nature.

Case in point.

The barbed-horned mare was strikingly easy to track down and ensnare. It had only take a bit of Isopia's magic to do it*.

"You have been targeted, but perhaps not for the reasons you believe. I have been sent, but the Hidden Falls. It seems your past as both a haruspex disciple as well as your time in the Basin have preceded you." Isopia's large golden eyes regarded the dark mare to see how much of this she was taking in. For Isopia, it mattered little. Her duty wasn't to recruit perse, but merely to offer the opportunity.

Which she had.

"You are free, for a time, to look around the Falls. To inquire of its members their thoughts and loyalties. You may eat our food and take shelter in our home. When the next full moon rises your temporary respite here will end should you decide to decline our invitation."

The Mountain thought that this was all very straight forward, but still she asked, "Do you have any questions?"

* Intentionally super vague since we didn't talk about how Chernobyl was captured.

isopia

It ain't like midnight and cigarette smoke
It ain't like watered down whiskey and coke
I guess some things just don't mix like you hoped
Like me and you; & diamond rings and old barstools

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Chernobyl Posts: 134
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: Nine | Tallsun HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Psilo
[Image: 53b89df1e40f7]

CHERNOBYL

Very very rarely does she descend from the cold, from the billows of frosty winds and frozen ground, to touch upon the warm dirt and trodden grass of the south. It's easy for her to sort through the memories and remember there is a fertile, quiet place to eat among the lush pockets of green among the Heavenly Fields. For hours she peacefully plucks seedpods from the ready to harvest grasses that sway and quake in the breeze. Now is the perfect time to do this and she knows it – and doing now means they may even produce again if given enough time, with a little luck and a later frost. This is her thought process, the patterns of the vegetation she eats, while she enjoys her solitude in the afternoon light.

Her serenity is soon to be thrown off its dreamy little axis and her world is about to be twisted around to kiss its own ass.

Something stirs in the nearby trees, a rustling, a few breaking branches. Her head instinctively flies up, her ears standing on end and her jaw clenches to mute her chewing. It sounds like what a bear might sound like lumbering through the woods, knocking dead branches off and dragging its paws across the strewn leaves. What happens next is all a blur of passing trees, scuffling sounds, claustrophobic panic sessions and really rude, animate vines. The earth had rumbled beneath her feet and when she looked down to see she was soon completely wrapped in vines and dragged violently toward an unknown destination.

She's left laying at the feet of a stranger, sprawled across freshly burnt ground. The smell of moist charcoal is the first thing she comes into consciousness noticing. She knows very well magic was involved in her sudden warp speed, grabby plants experience, but what she immediately wonders is...why? She's never been where she is now – but she can smell the vapor, even with the charred wood scent, and the roar of the gushing Falls.

Kidnap, perhaps? She quietly ponders this and more while her dark eyes focus on the winged women before her. Her legs find themselves straightening beneath her and she steps backward, an appropriate distance, she thinks. This could be a potentially dangerous situation if they still think she's with the Basin, she speculates. Could it be that they're warring, or maybe they're needing hostage of some kind... Bull's skin prickles all over and she takes a rather tense posture just before the mare begins her speech.

The next full moon...

The words absorb, they even soak and the black unicorn is still left in a shroud of mystery. She eyes the women suspiciously and knows right away, from the informative instructions before, that she is just fulfilling a mission. “I do.” She slants her head slightly and lets her forelock fall away from her left eye. “Who are you?” And many more inquiries bubble behind her eyes but she keeps them securely within until she finds out just what in the fuck is going on here.

- - - - - -

if i had a heart i could love you,
if i had a voice i would sing.

@Isopia

eeek i'm seriously rusty lately,
give me a minute to get it together XD

crushed and filled with all I found
underneath and inside, just to come around
more, give me more, give me more

pixel is by RELI<3

• Feel free to magic on her, but no murder.

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia sighs slightly, disappointed by the stranger's question. Who was she? What did that matter at all? She could be the queen of Sheba for all the good it would do the black unicorn. Still, the demi-goddess's face remained stoically emotionless

"They call me The Mountain That Knows." She replied, unsurprisingly. Isopia had never in her life willingly offered her name, and this new nickname she had acquired took the place of revealing her actual identity quite nicely. "I am the Seer of the Hidden Falls. It is my duty to commune with the God of the Earth, the patron deity of these lands, and impart his instructions to the leaders."

The girl wasn't sure if this mare was asking who she was in relation to what she was called, or her rank here, so Isopia answered both. 

"Archibald the Dauntless is our leader. Should you wish to inquire about the warriors, I would seek out Ktulu or Ciceron. If you wish to see the spys, find Knox. If you wish to see our building projects, find Ranjiri. And then of course, if you want to know more about the Gods and whatnot, you can find me."

The bronzey dragon seated on Isopia's back, patted the taller mare approvingly. For one who did not do this sort of thing often, she was doing remarkably well (by her standards, anyways).

"If there is nothing else, I shall take my leave of you ... unless you have more questions?" Isopia's quad horned skull tilted slightly, indicating that she would stay to hear more questions if the barbed-horned mare would ask them. If not, Chernobyl was free to go.

isopia

It ain't like midnight and cigarette smoke
It ain't like watered down whiskey and coke
I guess some things just don't mix like you hoped
Like me and you; & diamond rings and old barstools

Image Credits

Chernobyl Posts: 134
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: Nine | Tallsun HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Psilo
[Image: 53b89df1e40f7]

CHERNOBYL

....the Mountain That Knows..

Her mind chews on that, her black eyes studying the mare's complex face. Neither woman appears to shed a clue of what's working behind their stares – nothing but blank eyes, slow drawn out breaths onto the muggy air. Chernobyl almost reads her for displeased, but a part of her thinks maybe it's just the girl's personality, or maybe it's that she couldn't possibly care any less about the Mountain-girl's mood.

The dragon gives his pet a pat and the corners of the black unicorn's lips tease at the makings of a grin, but she resists easily enough. Those long silky ears lay back into the gnarly mess of coal mane, Bull nods and turns away.

Her body easily enough disappears into the heavy fog while her mind traces over the names just given to her. Dauntless, Ktulu, Knox... She takes a left at the fork in the road and melts into a smooth canter. Knox.

Perhaps she may put her wit and her sneaky light-footed creeper skills to some sort of use. She prefers mostly to avoid conflict, but working in the shadows is always a rather attractive option – rather than sitting around getting fat. Her mind drifts with the dreams of what her womb might be harboring just now and in the future. Often she feels her abdomen tingle with what her and Murdock made together. Still there is a fear it may not last, that maybe her body cannot hold such a thing, not fertile enough or some such thing. She lopes along quietly toward the center of the Falls.

- - - - - -

if i had a heart i could love you,
if i had a voice i would sing.

so bad, i'm so sorry
i wont even bother with a tag lol
i just needed to put something...bah

she's off to find knox, anyhow!

crushed and filled with all I found
underneath and inside, just to come around
more, give me more, give me more

pixel is by RELI<3

• Feel free to magic on her, but no murder.