the Rift

[PRIVATE] Talk me down

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

We had things to think about, stuff to consider, y’know, the usual. Our decisions were piling up on our shoulders and we weren’t sure if we were gonna walk with them so easily; we felt fine and maybe a little bit happy with it but there was still a twist there in the gut, all the way in the back where the teacher can’t see—that worried and nibbled and wondered if we were actually doing the right thing. We were coming up that mountain spot cuz that’s where I used to go to think about things like that over the course of my life; it was peace, it was tranquil, it was beautiful and serene and up high next to the sun, near godliness—

—but  actually fuck all that cuz, right now, it was being battered to shit.

Chico spotted the trouble first, flying ahead of me and seeing the huge, winged thing clawing the earth and tearing the beds of dew-soaked flowers to fucking ribbons. The alarm shot through him, ringing in my own chest as well, and in the same moment I felt him zpsnk! into his grey-maned, blue-tailed body, his wingbeats turning into something far more heavier than the silent, feathered whispers of his owl body. He roared, his voice booming with deep, sparking things as I crested the hill and saw the great monster attacking the cliffside itself.

I only spent a heartbeat looking at it, feeling the awe of the dragon’s presence, before my body sprang into action on impulse: I reached for Sparkmarrow, and the blade snapped into place (kpOW) with a clap of thunder as it tore away from the metal sheath. My teeth clamped firmly on his hilt, I glared down at the monster, and there was a spark of realization from Chico that I ignored because I was too busy being boss and in control of a threat cuz that was the whole reason I was born (wasn’t it?).

“CU’ TH’SHIT OUT,” I bellowed from between the clenched teeth, waiting for the dragon to turn and come for me instead.

talk

Like stars burning holes right through the dark
Flicking fire like saltwater into my eyes</style>

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Talk me down - by Isopia - 09-03-2016, 07:48 PM
RE: Talk me down - by Roskuld - 09-03-2016, 08:52 PM
RE: Talk me down - by Isopia - 09-03-2016, 09:04 PM
RE: Talk me down - by Roskuld - 09-03-2016, 09:40 PM
RE: Talk me down - by Isopia - 09-03-2016, 10:20 PM
RE: Talk me down - by Roskuld - 09-03-2016, 11:04 PM
RE: Talk me down - by Isopia - 09-03-2016, 11:29 PM