the Rift

[PRIVATE] Talk me down

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

It was weird watching her, watching the fire pull across her face when there had been nothing but tears there a second ago. It was eerie; it was borderline wrong. A face that was once surgically clean of emotion, almost devoid of it, like she had pushed the whole messy business of actually being mortal away from a gifted, perfect existence as half of a god—was now smeared by all of its extremes until it was smudged into something totally unrecognizable. I remember how I hated the holier-than-thou attitude she had (seen, of course, because it was something I fully expected to see--) but now that I was getting my wish for her to come down a few notches I didn’t know how to take it. There was nothing to celebrate about someone being brought so low.

Volterra. The name tore out of her like hot grease begging for a match and I heard the unmistakable buzz of villain underlying the name. I didn’t know who that was—I doubt I woulda cared either under  other circumstances—but at that moment there was no doubt in my mind that this would be an entity I was born to fight, something to crush before it unraveled the fabric of all I held dear. I dipped down and picked up Sparkmarrow, clapping the blade against the metal of the sheath (zzzzzmph) where the blades coiled like a sharp, obedient serpent, the arcs of energy stifled by the sheath’s magic.

“What’d he do?” I asked, but my low voice was ready for battle anyways. I was already imagining the kind of atrocities he could’ve committed that were bold enough, bad enough to shatter the apathetic mask of the Earth demi; did he murder a baby? Enslave hundreds? Gather a group of assholes to pillage and plunder and whatever? I rolled my shoulders and a few things krkkrack!ed as I prepared my body for another battle cuz fuck it I guess that’s what I really wanted to do that morning.

talk

Like stars burning holes right through the dark
Flicking fire like saltwater into my eyes

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Talk me down - by Isopia - 09-03-2016, 07:48 PM
RE: Talk me down - by Roskuld - 09-03-2016, 08:52 PM
RE: Talk me down - by Isopia - 09-03-2016, 09:04 PM
RE: Talk me down - by Roskuld - 09-03-2016, 09:40 PM
RE: Talk me down - by Isopia - 09-03-2016, 10:20 PM
RE: Talk me down - by Roskuld - 09-03-2016, 11:04 PM
RE: Talk me down - by Isopia - 09-03-2016, 11:29 PM