the Rift

[OPEN] i've got miles to go - anyone

Macaria Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: Three Years [Birdsong]
Psilo

i've got my feet on the ground

and i don't go to sleep to dream

She slips into the door (across the border) when the fresh full moon was high. She hopes, she pleas with the Gods that her father will not be waiting around for her, ready to scorn her for being away since the beginning of Birdsong. A part of her hopes that he is though, because she would at least get to confirm that he's well and fine after the fires. It would be a rare spectacle, an impossible happening, if mere fires were to snuff the life of Archibald the Dauntless, but she wouldn't want to be so cocky and face such a dreadful thing like losing her beloved father because she laughed in the face of chance. She heard of the fires when she was on the western coasts exploring what she'd never seen before – the exact thing she's been doing since the day she strode out of here. The news came late, but she's lucky it came at all, and with it there was no news of loss of lives, but again she wouldn't want to be cocky.

She walks on charred land but she can tell it's been a few weeks since this particular spot burnt – fragile greenery pokes from it's blackened soil. The trees are mostly eaten away, only skeletons left in their memory. She creeps out into the open after crossing into the Falls territory without (she hopes) being seen. The familiar, comforting, sound of the falls growling in the distance do little to soothe her aching chest. It is devastation, from what she can see. The chrome light of the moon illuminates the raped landscape.

The sound of shivering leaves catch her attention as she strolls depressingly through the scorched rubble. There is something left! Her heartbeat flutters and her cat-tail flicks and dances with her perfectly executed pivot. Long loping strides float her effortlessly eastward to a small copse of trees left unburnt. Her caprine toes pick their falling spots carefully as she hops and weaves through the debris Moonlight shimmers on the untouched leaves – it is a thicket of long grass and a few large boulders, big enough to walk up and look around, with ancient pines dotted around it. A perfect spot to spend the night until she can look for her father come the dawn. She settles in to nibble at the hardly grazed on grass and hang out quietly in the calm night, looking around every once and a while for sign of a family member...

macaria

Image by Psilo!

@Archibald if ya want daddio [;

post order doesn't matter, do whateva

this is open for anyone!
mac is returning after exploring[lurking] helovia allllll summer (ahem, tallsun)
<333

Asavvi Posts: 41
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 :: 2
Laine
I was looking for a breath of life,
A little touch of heavenly light
The Falls wasn't precisely what Asavvi had thought it would be; it had been described to her as a lush and vibrant place, a little hidden paradise but she had come to find it to be quite different. It didn't bother the little star-seeker. Though the landscape was charred and ashy, she had been able to use her magic to look beneath the devastation and see the potential. As she explored the herdland, she pulled up her illusions, images of what the falls had been and could be again if given a little time.  No, the Falls were not what she had expected, but they were just what she had needed them to be: Hidden.

As she became more and more familiar with the winding deerpaths and waterways, Asavvi had begun to relax. Her captors would not find her here if they came (if they had bothered to pursue her at all) and perhaps more importantly now, she didn't see why her family would find out she was here. She missed them terribly, but mixed with the longing to see them was a whole mess of other emotion and thoughts that she couldn't separate or make sense of. She would seek them out someday, at leas she assumed as much, but not until she was ready to face what they were and to reconcile that with what she was now. 

Three of the girl's stars were out tonight, bobbing along to light her path as she looked for a place to settle in. Even if the full moon was bright enough, she preferred to have her starts about her, even if only a few of them. Their light was soft and seemed so much warmer to her than the moon's silvery glow; Asavvi knew very well they weren't sentient, but took comfort in their company all the same. The familiarity, the warmth, it was the closest thing she'd had to companionship in a long while, and though it was she who created them, it oft seemed that they were leading her.

Glints of green caught her attention and she was pleased to find a collection of untouched foliage. Carefully Asavvi and her stars pick their way into the little glen, skirting boulders and tall the bases of the large trees only to draw up when she discovers the area already occupied. A surprised little intake of breath hissed through her lips as the draws up short, almost shying away from the unexpected company. Composure comes swiftly however, even if her nerves thrum. To calm herself the wings at the star-girl's sides tighten around and she tries for a smile "Um, hello. I hope I'm not intruding."

@Macaria

Macaria Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: Three Years [Birdsong]
Psilo

i've got my feet on the ground

and i don't go to sleep to dream

When only the crickets and frogs are singing their soft songs it is quite easy to hear footfall or breathing of the light wind. It carries sound so gently to her sensitive gray-black ears. Mists gather in thin veils, hovering in random spots, still translucent but blurring the edges of whatever they lay near. Coincidentally they reflect light in a beautiful way as well, whether it be the cold chrome light of the moon or the buzzing warmth of small companion stars. She blinks those golden eyes as the floating sheets of fog illuminate with a faint orange, then a brighter yellow. The moist leaves twinkle with the same shades of light and soon a few spheres of glowing starlight dance their way closer, accompanying the body of a darkish pegasus – a young mare (a filly like her, really), on closer observation. Ari sees the mare much sooner than the mare realizes the big dappled unicorn's presence.

Oh no no,” She giggles to herself a finishes the bit of lush grass between her teeth, her long cat-tail tossing its white plume from side to side. She watches the winged mare's magic at work; wonderment in her wet star-glow eyes. “That's beautiful.” Her voice comes out dreamily, almost too lightly to hear plainly. “I'm Macaria.” She snaps her eyes back to face her present company, a smile still naturally curled at the edges of her rosy lips.

macaria

Image by Psilo!

@Asavvi