the Rift

life unjust,

Revenant Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

REVENANT
i'm waking up i feel it in my bones, enough to make my systems grow

’Who am I?’

Her face was divinity and she was a pearl amongst rubble – pure in comparison to the inkblot stain he left on the snow. He’d watched her come, watched her with lifeless eyes but their claim to lack of focus was a cunning lie. He acknowledged her coming with the clarity of day but had chosen to remain quiet, to steal into himself as he pondered the question she’d asked him. He made it much more difficult than she surely intended it to be.

He was a mortal. He’d been heartbroken. He himself had become heartless. He felt a fool and a failure – incapable of possessing love, more importantly keeping it. He was unworthy and forsaken… but the bumbling mess and intricacies of his identity remained his own enigma. Instead he said to her; ”Revenant.” His voice was another difference betwixt them. His dark, brooding while hers was light and breathy. Dainty. His seeing but unseeing eyes remained forward and he studied her offhandedly from his peripherals. She had his attention… though she probably didn’t know it.

He wasn’t the chatty sort. Perhaps at one time he had been - happier times where he basked and lavished in the life that had been a lie. He would have lingered in ignorance forever if he could have. His life would have been a falsity… but he would have been content. It was selfish of him… but aforementioned he was a mortal… and his desires were simply, earthly, and for his own benefit.

”Who are you?”

Messages In This Thread
life unjust, - by Revenant - 10-23-2012, 11:02 PM
RE: life unjust, - by Ophelia - 10-23-2012, 11:49 PM
RE: life unjust, - by Revenant - 10-24-2012, 12:20 AM
RE: life unjust, - by Ophelia - 10-24-2012, 12:50 AM
RE: life unjust, - by Revenant - 10-25-2012, 12:23 PM
RE: life unjust, - by Ophelia - 10-25-2012, 05:28 PM
RE: life unjust, - by Revenant - 10-25-2012, 06:29 PM
RE: life unjust, - by Ophelia - 10-27-2012, 12:52 AM
RE: life unjust, - by Revenant - 10-28-2012, 10:35 PM
RE: life unjust, - by Tamme - 10-29-2012, 07:35 PM