Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA                

Just one beat of your heart, and stranger than fantasy

I knew from the start you had to be the place for me

Is your love strong enough?

Ophelia's attention was focused and unwavering upon the stallion before her as was her way. She was a devoted creature to whomever was speaking or interacting, and she would not insult the stallion by allowing her interest to be drawn elsewhere by idle, trivial things. The questions he asked were honest and good, though his final statement brought a sad smile to her lips and an expression in her eyes that was far too ancient for her young, lithe figure. Still, in her few years upon this globe, Ophelia had face trials that few would experience in their lifetime. "Nay, our band does not follow one god. My sister has borne the son of the God of the Earth, and I follow the path of the light through the God of the Sun," she replied openly. A clever smile crossed her lips. "Though do not mistake the term 'light' for the metaphysical alignment to unwavering and stringent divinity and goodness."

"Like mercenaries, we would take payment such as trinkets, protection in a herd during winter, or other things to aide those who are underrepresented and have no options," she explained. "I have seen powers rise that suppress the few and enemies made that are powerful. We would provide a balance," Ophelia explained. She was clear, calm and concise in her explanations, and her chime-like voice carried the reality of the violence of the Grey in an almost pleasant manner.

Ophelia's eyes narrowed in veiled irritation in response to his next words, though the expression was clearly not directed at the stallion himself. "Fools gather and breed hate for species who do not bear their resemblance." The response was flat, short and curt. "The notion is childish but infectious." And she spoke truth. Already the unicorns were reforming under their banner of anger, and in secret a stallion of the north was gathering the equines in a revolt. The future remained to be seen, but in a way, her statement of fact was prophetic. "I am neither unicorn nor equine, but a combination of the two. My equine blood allowed me to bond with my dragon, and my unicorn blood has given me the weapon upon my brow." She spoke this also as fact, as she was a modest creature. Ophelia had no reason to brag or force her character into an amplified light.

His strange, blind gaze settled on hers, and she returned the attention confidently. The nature of his faded orbs made him difficult to read. They did not hold the natural sparkle or shifting of a pupil to tell her of his mood. Instead, she was forced to guess and play a tenuous game of hesitation that she found she rather enjoyed. This experience was different, a minor excitement in her mind of countless information. "You would choose what you like. You could follow my teachings and learn the cryptic ways of gathering knowledge. Or you could also follow my friend, Tor. She is a healer of great power and greater, noble heart." The memory of the strong, morally glorious equine brought a smile to her lips.

"My sister leads the warriors and those fit with athletic, fighting abilities. Should you desire the more violent and direct approach to solving a problem, I would join her half of the team." Ophelia's lips braced into a smile, feeling confident about their Grey and their purpose. "Should you choose to stride a different path, the Grey will always be open to you, Revenant," Ophelia said, her chime-like voice dancing on the snowy breeze.

CREDITS

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
life unjust, - by Revenant - 10-23-2012, 11:02 PM
RE: life unjust, - by Ophelia - 10-23-2012, 11:49 PM
RE: life unjust, - by Revenant - 10-24-2012, 12:20 AM
RE: life unjust, - by Ophelia - 10-24-2012, 12:50 AM
RE: life unjust, - by Revenant - 10-25-2012, 12:23 PM
RE: life unjust, - by Ophelia - 10-25-2012, 05:28 PM
RE: life unjust, - by Revenant - 10-25-2012, 06:29 PM
RE: life unjust, - by Ophelia - 10-27-2012, 12:52 AM
RE: life unjust, - by Revenant - 10-28-2012, 10:35 PM
RE: life unjust, - by Tamme - 10-29-2012, 07:35 PM