the Rift

[OPEN] Left Unspoken

Ryouta Posts: 30
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: VIII HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
Receive the erased memories
And broken heart on the palm of my hand.
Fear.
That mortal emotion tied to our sense of fight or flight. Fear reigns over the natural realm, driving many important functions of the living. However, the threats on my own mortality have ceased, long ago, to draw a rapid pounding of my heart. The shadows laying thick and heavy in the depth of the forest leave much to the imagination, with opportunity for a more impressive mind to create monsters and ghouls to haunt the halls of wood. Instead, I feel nothing but a pressing silence as heavy, damp air clings to my lungs.

The loss of such a primal and basic emotion of fear came with stark advantages, of course. A clear mind amid horrors unspeakable garnered you a clear advantage over a frenzied beast unable to hold their own bowel movements in check. However, perhaps the most overlooked, the disadvantages existed. The strength wrought from adrenaline fueled by fear - it allowed for a poweress unmatched by the coolheaded killer.
Of course, I am far from battling shape at this point. Months had passed since my hooves contacted flesh in a violent dance of limbs and willpower.

Still, I lurk among the shadows of the great trees, ignoring the eerie feeling tied to the nature of this place. Unlike the sun soaked areas of Helovia which emanated a brilliance, this place seemed to be lost to memory. Tragedy hung in the air, though no whispers of why became evident. Only the occasional deep gash in a trunk could seen, leaving my mind to decipher the puzzle of its origin.

Of course, I didn't care enough to do that.

Instead, I walk calmly through the forest. The dull lighting allows the unkempt nature of my appearance to be largely concealed, though undoubtedly my scent would not be pleasing on any passerbys. The salt from my visit to the Flats remains on my hooves and fetlocks, dry and hard from the substance. Along my powerful musk, the lingering memory of the ocean, like a traveler dragging in sand from the beach.

The scent almost warms the cold, damp woods, but the slight addition of the sea cannot mask the feeling of dread present here. I pause before a large fir tree, hardly noticing the pool of blood at its roots. After seeing the Blood Falls, I already suspected Helovia's land desired, craved, and sought bloodshed. From a land with a bloody history to another.
Quite fitting.
良克
RYOUTA
image credit to junklight at flickr.com

@Macaria

Macaria Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: Three Years [Birdsong]
Psilo

She hardly ever finds herself so far from the sea or home. She likes to run the coastline when she can; anchoring her heart in Hidden Falls while she gallivants off alone to explore the world with fierce curiosity. Macaria, as of late, has found herself wondering, pining really, about a companion. It seems that everyone from north to south, east to west has some sort of critter in tow to delight and protect them. The childish ping of jealousy is there, but she snuffs it well enough, she knows that she doesn't want to be that girl. It's best to nip those feelings in the bud, eh?

Here in the forest she walks along the well trodden paths stepping over the mess of rocks & roots that poke out and try to trip the unsuspecting traveler, but she is keen to their tricks. The trees in this particular area are far apart and surrounded by vibrant carpets of jade moss. She spies the stranger ahead and her slow walk eases to a stop, letting her big dark ears flip upright. It's another Helovian, at least equine in nature – a pegasus, a species she's seen before, and....a stallion. The shadowy atmosphere makes him hard to pick out the detail of, but she can certainly see that he's gruff and masculine in appearance. She advances slowly. “HI!” She tosses her long charcoal hair from her golden eyes and re-adjusts her focus as she moves closer. “Is that....” She squints and moves in to investigate, unknowingly rubbing shoulders with him. “..blood?” The word leaves her mouth dramatically, but she's already side-stepping before another thought can enter her mind. The moment of skin to skin made her skin electrify and her sparks begin going nuts, involuntarily. They spit from her dapples, they don't go more than a few inches and fizzle out with a fun swirl and a hiss before falling at her feet. Continually they pop and dance across her back and hips while she gives him a rather blank look. Nothing of this nature has ever happened to the young little thing before and she's quite confused.

The feeling of his shoulder brushing hers is such a simple thing, but she cannot explain her body's reaction. “Uh, erm, sorry.” She shakes her coat to try and quell the tiny balls of electricity from shooting out of her but to no avail. “Well, I'm Macaria. Of Hidden Falls.” She decides, last minute, to add her origin – she heard someone do that once and it sounded rather fancy so she decided to give it a go. She straightens out and flicks her tail just over the ground behind her, tossing the white plume from side to side.

Well now I just feel awkward..

Macaria

Your words in my memory
Are like music to me
(picture by smithers)

@Ryouta

Tai
Softly, the plod of hooves announces her approach in the dark of the wood.

My gaze turns as her bright toned greeting fills the void between us, quickly closing.  She is young, I realize even in this dim light, yet her frame already matches my own in height.  As she draws near, her shoulder grazes mine, which I quickly shirk away from.  A hiss escapes from my lips instead of a 'hello', a scowl painting my features before I notice her frame begin to spark and light.

I have seen magic before, many times in my life, yet the shock of seeing the girl light up like a night sky during a meteor shower is startling all the same.  The girl seems confused herself, quite alarmed by the shower of sparks raining from her pelt and falling with a sizzle into the air and loam below.  They continue to dance, sparklers in the dark forest.  Her apology catches me off guard as well, for apparently she had no idea of this particular trait.  I wonder what sort of electronic giants birthed her.  I don't really wish to find out.

"Ryouta," I offer in exchange for her own name.  I have no idea what the Hidden Falls actually are, but I assume them to be one of the herdlands within Helovia.  I can give her no place for my origin - Eikkahn, perhaps, though she undoubtedly would not know where the hell that was.

Turning my gaze back toward the fir I had been looking at before her disruptive approach.  I look down at its feet, seeing the crimson pool which glimmered in the dim light.  I move forward, dipping my head toward its surface and inhale the scent, taking care to keep my maw above the surface.  I look back at Macaria, the overgrown child of sparks, and give her a grim smile.

I wonder, briefly, if I should lie to her.
Judging by her size, though, I don't want to be caught teasing the child of a behemoth.

"To answer your earlier question - no, it's not blood,"  My mistmatched eyes gleam in the darkness from the illumination offered on her back.  "Blood smells more like iron.  This just smells like rot."
良克
RYOUTA

@Macaria

Macaria Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: Three Years [Birdsong]
Psilo

i've got my feet on the ground

and i don't go to sleep to dream

She catches his gaze with her own blazing gold stare, noticing the dueling tones of each – they did not match. She's never seen such a thing, even in this magical world it seems like such a unique thing to bare. It falls in line with the rest of his mysterious presence – his obvious mystique.

She bends to inspect the putrid smelling ooze. He was indeed correct, she nods, this smells very rotten. She steps forward once more, the sparks across her dapples are starting to die and quiet now, she ignores them and draws her face back up to look at him straight on. “It's pleasant to meet you, Ryouta.” She nods bouncily, smiling with both her lips and her bright golden eyes, her horn glinting with a sulfuric glassy glow in the radiant moonlight.

She looks back down to the pool of red mush. “What do you think it is, then?” Macaria scrutinizes the site, the tree and it's roots, even the moss and dirt around it's base. She is confused, but curious still, her tail twitching excitedly behind her.

macaria

Image by Psilo!

@Ryouta

Tai
I had no intent to make myself a mystery, like a novel waiting to be read by nosy passerbys. The details of my life so far have made me less willing to reveal information, hoping to hold fast to the present rather than reliving the past. You are what you come from, but I would rather not be tied to that fate.

The only thing lying behind me is death.

The girl follows forward, nose taking toward the thick ooze of liquid pooling at the bottom of the tree, and I shuffle easily to the side. My wings gather more tightly about my sides, wishing not to touch the girl and elicit a fresh rain of sizzles and sparks from her pelt. The comment she makes toward me, her face alight with smiles, is met only with a short grunt escaping from between my lips. The expression on my face does not really alter, keeping a hard exterior to match the equally enthused response.

I do not know what could be nice about meeting me. Most of my encounters thus far in Helovia had been... bad, to put it lightly. I suppose the youth within her body and soul were keeping her from seeing what I truly am - an ass.

I take a step back, away from the pool, turning to start walking slowly away from the tree and her, though if she were anything like Aelfwine I doubt she would let me be. A question brims from her lips behind me, and I do not even favor a glance back. "Stagnant water," I hazard a guess, by the smell of pungent decay common from fetid waters. "The mineral content of the soil probably turned in red at some point."

I dismiss all the theories that it were the blood of the fallen, a mystical lifeblood of the earth, or any other funny business. Despite my knowledge of magic, I find myself a practical man with practical explanations. When you live in a cruel world, you cease believing in miracles. They only serve to bring your hopes high enough for a destructive landing when reality makes an appearance instead.

ooc -- Sorry for the wait!
良克
RYOUTA

@Macaria