the Rift

[DROP] smoke on the water

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
Soon enough the other equines began to trickle in, varying ones of different species and herds – some without any herds at all she imagined – and began to give their input as well. She listened, halfway between boredom and curiosity as to what the other ones had said. She was sure not to miss the few faces she did recognize – Albrecht, Zyanya, and Eldala to name a few. Of course they were those that resided in her own herd, and she didn’t recognize any one else even despite her recent trips to the threshold and being out and about. So regardless of that in mind, the child kept her gaze on the serval, watching his smiling face as he gathered the information for everyone’s wishes.

Yet, before the serval had a chance to speak directly to her, she felt the touch to her side that seemed to hold a familiar welcoming touch. She’d know that feeling anywhere. And suddenly, her body stiffened, ivory rimmed onyx ears flicking back toward her inky faded neck as the flames along her back began to shift from deer of curiosity to turtles with molded fiery shells and elephants with their trunks raised toward the sky. A combination of shame and sadness that enveloped within her chest at the fact that her other half had probably heard her. Kianzo had said nothing to her which felt strange to begin with, he hadn’t said anything to the serval with the smoking spots, and she began to grow uncomfortable. But hope began to spark in her mind that perhaps the colt hadn’t heard her request.

It all seemed to crumble before her eyes as the serval made his way to her, stopping in front of her to question her further about her question. Still, the shame and sadness flickered in harmless flames upon her marbled coat. As the words left his mouth, speaking of how Kianzo disregarded him shined within her mind. She flicked an ear back toward the colt as Khairi stayed perched upon her back, watching the serval with keen curious eyes – mostly uncaring of whether or not Kianzo had been there or heard it, despite the embarrassment Kiada might have felt, he seemed to be the rock that kept her steady. Yet, the filly listened to the serval as he spoke, talking of purpose and gods, and if she would let those walk across her. Her brows furrowed momentarily, ivory marked skull facing toward her brother as he spoke. And she was surprised by his answer, the sound of arrogance that usually accompanied the colt was nowhere to be found. Still, Kiada agreed with his first set of words, gifting him the small nod before clearing her throat to answer the feline.

I would hope that if the Gods asked that of me, it would be for a better purpose. But I’ve never met a God, so I can’t be sure what their ideas are. So, tierboskat, no. I would not follow their command to let those walk over me.” She stood a bit taller, a bit prouder as her oceanic gaze looked toward the smoking, smiley cat. “I think, I would be asking for a chance at learning of them and the way they command presence. I want to be useful, yes, but I also want to be strong, and either hated or feared as I think they often are.” She added in, defiance taking over the forefront of her mind. She leaned into her brother then, ever so slightly but enough to acknowledge his presence as the flames upon her back warped and shifted into griffons, confident in her answer. And as the serval began to move onto the others to speak to them of their choices, she ignored them. Instead, swinging her head over to her brother to press her face gently into his neck. “I’m sorry, m’bale.” She whispered into his coat, sorry for acknowledging  her weaknesses when they were supposed to be so strong.

Then, it was Kianzo’s turn to speak of what he wished. All she had was agreement for him, and perhaps a bit of surprise at his rather calm demeanor.

"Talk."

tierboskat = serval
m’bale = brother

also, since Kianzo's appearance and the servals words, she's changed her mind. She basically wants to learn how to be useful the way the gods are in a way. She wants to one day be feared or loved, like the gods are, and she's just trying to figure out how to go about it, so what better than the source? :D

it was in my flaws,
I found a much deeper truth
and it is from them I bloom:
a black rose
image | coding

directly mentions @Kianzo

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Messages In This Thread
smoke on the water - by Random Event - 09-04-2016, 07:07 PM