the Rift

A Rocky Start

Montague Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Walking. Walking. Walking. The flaxen liver chestnut stallion walked in a steady pace. He had been walking for miles and miles, and he never took a break. His hard helmet kept most of the sun from his eyes, not that there was much during Frostfall. Even with living in a mountain, he had to go outside every now and then, so he wasn’t completely blinded by the sunlight. It had bothered him at first, but that was many hours ago. Or was it days? He didn’t know. All he knew was that he had to get far away, away from everything. Being so lost in thought, he tripped over a large log and fell. He hit is right side, and with that the right side of his head. He moaned. He couldn’t move, and he felt so many things at once. Hunger. Thirst. Exhaustion. He laid still for several minutes, knowing that he had pushed himself way to much, and that he needed to find water and food as quickly as possible. He managed to get himself into the laying position. In the fall his helmet had fallen off a little, and now was hanging freely from his horn. He pulled his head up, and it popped right back on to his head, fitting perfectly. Stupid thing he thought to himself. He finally managed to get up, and he looked around. He found a nice patch of grass and started grazing. Next to it was a pool of clear water, which he sucked down as much as he could take. Upon be full of water and grass, had laid down in the shade of a tree, and proceeded to take a nap.

Actions of the Mountain
Whispers of the Rocks
Echos in the Caverns

Nefertari Posts: N/A
Unregistered
The femme did not notice her own lithe, elegant beauty as she passed by reflective surfaces; no, the yearling was too busy exploring and gaining knowledge about her surroundings. And it was good she was, else she might have accidentally trod on the brute in her path. She let out a startled whinny and then fell silent, creeping around him to the pool of water and bending to drink. Her soft white wings rustled as they shifted around to make themselves more comfortable. Her pale blue eyes were kind and loving to all she looked at; this Pegasus was the face of innocence.

She laid down gracefully, silently, by the pool of water. The large stallion had nothing to fear from the beautiful filly-- how could she hurt someone so much larger than herself? And why would she ever want to? The orphan's eyes roved the big stag, in awe of his size. She remembered the stags she'd met only the day before, who had basically come to her rescue. She couldn't survive much longer on her own in Frostfall, especially when she didn't know how to fly. Six months she had been without her parents. Six months she had been totally alone. Sighing, she lowered her eyes to the snow; it was melting. Her intense body heat was turning it into a puddle of water around her.

Unregistered

He sat there, reveling in the silence, when he suddenly heard a small cry. He turned his head a bit to see a small filly, as white as the clouds against the Moon, with small, delicate wings. A Pegasus he thought in awe. He was too tired to have the expression of what his mind was thinking. He watched her from the corner of his eye while she drank and sat down carefully. He saw the snow melt around her, and she looked very cold indeed. He turned his head to look fully at the little one, and admired her for her beauty for which he had never seen.
“Hello little sky child,” he called to her. His voice was deep and gruff, but he tried to make is sound friendly, as to not scare her. “You seem to be cold. Would you like to come lay with me? You seem a little young to be on your own. Is there no one to protect you?”

Actions of the Mountain
Whispers of the Rocks
Echos in the Caverns

Unregistered
Nefertari

walk walk walk
"talk talk talk"

The filly stood gracefully and trotted over, laying down and pressing her heated bodice against that of the stag's. "I am Nefertari." Her bell tones rang out sweet and pure, a high soprano that matched her beauty and elegance. "I never knew my sire, and my dam has been gone for six months. I believe she is dead; I saw drops of blood by the place we had rested." She leaned into the side of the large stallion, taking comfort in his presence. "I met two stallions, Leander and Lace... Leander adopted me. I also found my older brother... He showed up not long after I met Leander and Lace."

ooc; Short post... ugh.

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona
L E A N D E R

"Nefertari." Deep, sharp tones rang out, strangers to the normal warmth in the palomino's voice. He had tried to keep an eye on the filly, their recent meeting fresh in his mind. He found the little ivory girl now, laying against the hide of some strange unicorn brute. The scene was enough to make anyone shudder; the two were clearly not related, and the young one still had much to learn about the darkness that could lurk in this world. His childhood had been bloody enough to teach him those hard lessons. Hopefully, Nefertari would be able to learn without seeing any bloodshed.

With a steady pace, he stepped forward, mahogany wings spreading to broaden his already intimidating appearance. He meant not to frighten Nefertari, but to show the other stallion that he did not take the situation lightly. It was possibly that the yearling had laid against the stranger completely of her own accord, but that mattered little to the battle-worn charger. Since the child had asked to be taken in as his foster daughter, the paternal streak in him had been flourishing. "Strangers do not always mean well. There are some in this world who want to hurt others for no reason at all." Gold eyes shined, holding on to some patience for the girl to get up. Then, his brilliant stare moved to the umber unicorn beside her. "Do you seek refuge, newcomer?"

Unregistered
(10-25-2012, 01:56 AM)Nefertari Wrote:
Nefertari

walk walk walk
"talk talk talk"

Nefertari looked up at her father. Calm, kind eyes stared into his own dark ones, holding the stare so that he would take her seriously when she spoke."I know that well enough, Father." Her tones were also sharp, as if she were scolding someone."Have you forgotten how you found me?" Her eyes narrowed, a challenge to him. "This stallion means no harm to me; if he had, I would have run and found shelter with you. You know that, don't you?" Her voice softened and she rose up to her full fourteen hands and strode over to her father. She pressed the side of her head against his chest, closing her eyes. "Calm down, dad..." She whispered, nuzzling him.

Unregistered

A big bronze stallion walked through the trees a little while after the small filly had lay next to him. He was a pegasus as well, and he seemed to look annoyed and almost afraid of him. He spoke to the filly beside him, Nefertari, with a harsh tone and spoke about him as well. He was amused when she walked up to the stallion and told him to calm down. He knew that this filly was special, and she would surely be something worth treasuring, especially to her father. He stood up slowly, his eyes on Leander and Nefertari while he did. He walked a bit forward, and introduced himself to him.
“My name is Montague, of the Mountain of Eldor. I did not wish to make you think that your daughter was in danger. By all means, she is quite safe with me.” He strode to the little filly, but not to close so as not to make her father feel threaten, and he spoke to her directly.
“Your name is Nefertari, little one? It is a very beautiful name to match a very beautiful filly.”

Actions of the Mountain
Whispers of the Rocks
Echos in the Caverns

Unregistered
Nefertari

walk walk walk
"talk talk talk"

She smiled, and turned to look at him."Thank you..." She whispered, swishing her tail and looking between the two stags. Just then, her big brother decided to show up and open his big mouth. "Who--" Nefertari interrupted him immediately, before he could get overprotective. "He's a friend." She snapped, narrowing her eyes at her father and brother. She was intensely annoyed by the two, and in her opinion, they were both being pigs.

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona
L E A N D E R

Leander only looked down at Nefertari with a softening expression. Hearing the word 'father', it was hard to be stern. Maybe the child was old enough to make her own decisions about these things. Still, he had agreed to be responsible for her, to become her guardian. "You are a smart girl, Nefertari, and I know you only mean well. Just remember that some are not always what they seem." He sighed, hoping feebly that she would never have to learn that lesson the hard way. The little white fawn came to his chest affectionately, and he let his dark maw lower to nuzzle the crest of her downy mane before appeasing her question. "I know. I just know how many dangers there in this world. I will tell you how I got this scar some day, and then you will know why I worry so much." His deep tones were quieter, falling to the young one's ears. He referred, of course, to the unmistakable scar on his haunch. Surely the foal had noticed the mark by now. Soon, Amenhotep entered the group, and the warrior was glad to see his other charge was okay.

Ivory lined eyes rose back to the bay as he tried to reassure him that the child had been safe. He was still skeptical, but the horned brute had shown no true sign of malice yet. It was possible that he truly meant no harm at all to the filly, and Leander could not deny that. "I am glad that Nefertari was not in any real danger. I'm sure you can understand my caution." He nodded respectively to Montague, before continuing. "We must return to our home in the Throat now, sir Montague. If you seek a home and family, you are welcome to join us there."

Unregistered

He looked in between the two of them. He knew now that the filly was indeed his, and he looked between them as they shared affection. He felt suddenly, missing his own filly. Oh Lenona… He looked back at them, trying not to think about it anymore. Not a day went by that he didn’t miss his daughter, but it still upset him that she was gone. Many days had pasted since that one, and he would never forget it. He looked at Leander. It wasn’t that he didn’t trust him, but he felt strange walking off with those that he had just met. But he needed shelter, and he would come to this place that they called the Dragon’s Throat soon enough.
“Thank you,” he said, nodding his head a bit. “However I am going to say here for a bit.” Turning to Nefertari he said, “I will come and join you and your father, but I’m in the feel to explore, since this is all new to me.” He looked around, still in wonder at where he was. It was much different than where he was from. “Thank you Leander and Nefertari, and…” he looked at the foal that had just appeared as well. “You too. You seem to be her brother, so take care of her. I will see you all back a the Throat.” With that he wondered away, looking for more food and water, and ready to memorize this place.

Actions of the Mountain
Whispers of the Rocks
Echos in the Caverns