the Rift

A Rocky Start

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona
L E A N D E R

Leander only looked down at Nefertari with a softening expression. Hearing the word 'father', it was hard to be stern. Maybe the child was old enough to make her own decisions about these things. Still, he had agreed to be responsible for her, to become her guardian. "You are a smart girl, Nefertari, and I know you only mean well. Just remember that some are not always what they seem." He sighed, hoping feebly that she would never have to learn that lesson the hard way. The little white fawn came to his chest affectionately, and he let his dark maw lower to nuzzle the crest of her downy mane before appeasing her question. "I know. I just know how many dangers there in this world. I will tell you how I got this scar some day, and then you will know why I worry so much." His deep tones were quieter, falling to the young one's ears. He referred, of course, to the unmistakable scar on his haunch. Surely the foal had noticed the mark by now. Soon, Amenhotep entered the group, and the warrior was glad to see his other charge was okay.

Ivory lined eyes rose back to the bay as he tried to reassure him that the child had been safe. He was still skeptical, but the horned brute had shown no true sign of malice yet. It was possible that he truly meant no harm at all to the filly, and Leander could not deny that. "I am glad that Nefertari was not in any real danger. I'm sure you can understand my caution." He nodded respectively to Montague, before continuing. "We must return to our home in the Throat now, sir Montague. If you seek a home and family, you are welcome to join us there."

Messages In This Thread
A Rocky Start - by Montague - 10-23-2012, 11:13 PM
RE: A Rocky Start - by Nefertari - 10-24-2012, 12:56 AM
RE: A Rocky Start - by Montague - 10-24-2012, 12:15 PM
RE: A Rocky Start - by Nefertari - 10-25-2012, 01:56 AM
RE: A Rocky Start - by Nefertari - 10-25-2012, 11:38 AM
RE: A Rocky Start - by Nefertari - 10-25-2012, 02:36 PM
RE: A Rocky Start - by Leander - 10-25-2012, 05:59 AM
RE: A Rocky Start - by Montague - 10-25-2012, 01:53 PM
RE: A Rocky Start - by Leander - 10-28-2012, 05:40 PM
RE: A Rocky Start - by Montague - 11-01-2012, 02:34 PM