the Rift

[JUDGED] light to dark [ Isopia vs. Rikyn Spar ]

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Яikyn
I’m still looking at the pale light spilling from the tiny sliver of the Moon. Duir’s been looking all over the place, from the stars to the clouds, and so, when he notices the dragon flying overhead, he’s interested. When the dragon seems to drift towards us, he feels a small knot of anxious worry bloom that, maybe, the dragon is coming to eat him. Deciding, almost instantaneously, that it was a ludicrous thought, he attempts to go back to simply watching her, and the sky. His worry blooms into full fledged fear as the beast pulls its wings back, dropping like a hawk from the sky.

Looking over in the general region of where he’s looking off at, I begin to talk shit to him for being so easily frightened (this is an almost daily event), before I even look for the arriving danger.

"It’s called night time, you pus-" the insult is cut short to make room for the sudden realization that, well, maybe Duir wasn’t a pussy after all.

That is a fucking dragon!

It’s golden body swoops towards us over the sea, a female voice ringing through the darkness, caught as I backpedal and attempt to find somewhere, anywhere, to escape having something that big landing on me. So, when the water broils up, I’m not even really looking at it, already partially turned to the left, in an attempt to escape the random violence.

Splashing against my left side, the droplets are almost sharp with force. They don’t amount to much though, especially when compared to the sensation of her draconic tail slamming into my left neck, chest, and face. A bruise rises on my cheek below my left eye, and others dapple my skin in the curved shape of her loathsome appendage. Without much thought, my teeth snap out towards the passing appendage, hoping to retaliate for the offense of being hit in the face.

Duir’s gone, darting wildly away from the entire situation in erratic patterns to evade chase. Some help you are, I think, and snort both out of frustration. Attempting to chase the pain and surprise away, I dance about to follow the path of the golden beast.

To my surprise, however, the dragon slowly becomes a mare as she descends.

I had heard of Mirage, the Queen of the Qian, and her dragon form, but this woman is not Mirage. She is too young, and not colored like the darkness, as mother had described her legendary foe to me. This was someone else entirely.

"Yeah, and you just smacked one of those baddies with your ass," cheekily arrives my reply, hooves spurring to life beneath me, eager to close the distance between us while she was caught in the throes of her transformation. Maybe I shouldn’t be so amused by the incident, but, alongside the slight anger at being hit in my handsome face, there is something about this that just oozes, “I am lady! Behold, as my hormones smash shit!”

I hadn’t done anything. I really doubt I can offend with my presence alone, though it would certainly be a neat trick.

I don’t notice Duir joining Hubris on his rock, the young buck amiable enough towards other bonded creatures, and eager to be with someone who wasn’t keen to retaliate against violence with violence. As the dragon folds his arms across his chest, Duir morosely settles alongside him, an equally disapproving expression forming on his face.

Meanwhile, I come in wide, hoping to keep her between the sea and myself, and hoping, also, to keep myself from being the one so pinned; sand flies from beneath my churning hooves, my tail a serpentine whip trailing through the air. That tail curves and arcs around my muscular body as I pull to a halt, tangled hair splaying wildly through the air; my chin tucks down, for support and defense, and I reach out towards her body with my horn’s golden point, hoping to land a blow on her chest, shoulder... anywhere, as she'll probably move, and she's a freakishly tall Amazon. Unlike some other fights I’ve had, the unprovoked nature of this one makes the attack unrestrained, an eager, gouging motion that cares very little whether or not she gets hurt badly or not.

Following the horn strike with a forward and leftward angled leap, I bring my front hooves together for impact with the sand. As soon as I feel the sand grip my feet properly, I kick out towards her with my hind-legs in a swift, sidelong motion, hoping I'll be fast enough to get out of this close proximity before she can pummel me with her powerful legs.

[ 1/3 :: 784 words ]
in every heart a hole
Image Credit

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
RE: light to dark [ Isopia vs. Rikyn Spar ] - by Rikyn - 09-09-2016, 09:29 AM