the Rift

[JUDGED] light to dark [ Isopia vs. Rikyn Spar ]

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Яikyn

Maybe I was just imagining it, but as I staggered towards the crazy woman, she seemed… sorry?

It was too late, even if she was, as my magic had already begun to take effect; invisible strings seemingly hunker into her body and hold her in place, and soon, I’m at her side, golden hoof shining as it strikes down towards her leg with a vengeance.

Why would she be sorry? I think as I begin to move away, the salty, night breeze cool on my tear dampened cheeks, she started it.

The next thought to cross my mind is mostly a plea to whatever God is listening, an ear tilting back to catch the rippling sound of her garments, and the subtle thud of hoof into sand: please, please don’t let her hit me in the ribs again. Glancing back as much as I dare, I glimpse her impressive arrangement of battering tools tilt towards my haunches, and, with another less-than-Knightly cry of pain at the complaints of my side (and now throbbing head), I skitter hard to the left. The maneuver is so graceless that the beach is torn apart beneath me in desperation to avoid any further potentially broken bones; sand flops against my lowly hunkered belly, leaving gritty ghosts of their impact on my dark coat.

Dark ruts remain where I was, my breath sucked in with sharp gasps as I assume running; not well mannered enough to thank the God who’d answered my prayer, I’m more worried about getting away from her. Pulling away from the ocean all together, and angling towards the midnight shrouded fields and forests which border the beach, I let the terror that had tried to overwhelm me, steel my resolve against the sheer difficulty of moving with my ribs in this state. I pivot about with a grimace as the sand begins to harden, the closeness of the clay beneath nearer and nearer the closer to the surrounding meadow I made it.

"Duir, say bye, we’re leaving!" is a rough, agony-laced shout in the direction of my companion, and the bronze dragon. Glancing at Hubris between his wide-eyed staring, he bobs his head in a friendly farewell to the kind bronze, an apologetic (albeit knitted with pain, also) smile crossing his face. Always optimistic, my idiot companion radiates with the glinting sensation of friendship through the general fear, worry, and aches that shine through our bond; for a moment, anyway, I’m so annoyed with him for being such a naïve twat, I forget my head hurts.

Using the moment of clarity to formulate a plan to help ensure she doesn’t chase us down to keep pummeling me, I begin to pull on my magic again. The sound of Duir's hooves scampering across the sand towards me fills my ears as I gather my final spell, my will hurling the mind-control spark back towards where Isopia had been. Flying through the air in the stomach clenching, weird way I always do, I hope to sink my Spark self into her mind and make her, quite literally, kick her own legs out from underneath herself.

Suddenly flung back into myself as the power of the magic wanes, I blink, and shake my head (which makes my head pulse horribly). Swallowing down the girlish whimper that threatens to escape my throat this time, I half stumble back towards the mainland as Duir arrives alongside me. His gold-flecked gaze broadens with surprise at the agony writ on my face, hauntingly illuminated by the sliver of the moon above, having never see me in this state before.

Sure, Deimos had knocked me around pretty good, but that aftermath had been more of an emotional one. This hurts, like she’d shoved me in a brick filled sack, then tossed that sack down a mountain, and thrown some jagged boulders down behind me to boot. The only positive I can find in all this is that, the last time I’d felt this bad after a fight, I’d almost died, and had most definitely not been conscious.

Not almost dying may not be a positive motivator for most, but it works, alongside Duir’s compassion, to numb my thoughts to the pleas of my body to stop, as I canter towards the trees. It’s the first fight we’ve had together that I’ve been in this much pain, and also the first I didn’t start, so he actually feels sorry for me, for once.

Glancing back at the mare and her dragon, he wonders what could possibly drive people like me, and that woman, to go around attacking people all the time.

Maybe she has a dark place in her heart, too.

3/3 | 782 words
[ OOC: Thank you for another wonderfully fun fight Odd. <3 ]
Uses his puppetry magic ~
:: [ Magic: DarkxSpark | Ability to manipulate electrical currents in the nerve system to control victim's bodies ]
:: [ Restrictions | Requires intense concentration, and only lasts for one attack or defense with the inability for mind control; lasts up to one post outside battle ]

in every heart a hole
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
RE: light to dark [ Isopia vs. Rikyn Spar ] - by Rikyn - 10-20-2016, 10:10 AM