the Rift

The rumour said fire [open]

Daenerys Posts: 41
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 hh :: 5
Cami

Daenerys was holding her breath, listening to the charcoal mare as she spoke of friendship and safety, of this band called The Qian. Her excitement was difficult to conceal, but she kept her cool, so as to not anger Viserys further. Dany knew he wasn’t pleased with Mirage’s way of ignoring him, or the way she seemed completely unimpressed with anything that came out of his mouth. Dany didn’t interfere; she couldn’t occupy herself with her brother’s sore feelings right now. As Mirage ceased talking, the youth turned to the pearlescent stag that was her brother, eyes shining with thrill. "Viserys, my dear brother, I know this isn’t what you were hoping for, and I understand. But would you at least let me go with Lady Mirage? I would love nothing more than to join The Qian, and they will keep me safe, you heard. Perhaps you can go with Lady Solstice, see if the Foothills become you; maybe you’ll like them enough to make a permanent home out of them. Please?" Her eyes were wide, her plead like that of a child; she knew it made an impact on him.

He did not care for this stranger wench, the way she looked at him mockingly, he way she ignored him completely as she spoke. Viserys knew her invitation was not directed at him; and she was nothing to him, so why would he want to throw himself at her feet? He was highborn, robbed of his home and kingdom, a prince in rags. But a prince nonetheless; and such should be respected. So when she stared him in the eye, he stared back, unyielding. Obviously she didn’t know who she was facing, either. Vis was determined to remember her name, and he would make sure she bended the knee to him when the day would come. Many a fear resided in his heart, but fear of simple women wasn’t one of them. Deanerys had been bewitched, it was clear, and her plead was heartfelt. Viserys moved his gaze to his sister, pondering her request. Then a smile dawned on his face, his voice sleek as he addressed her wish. “Of course, child. I want you to be happy. I only request that you go to the Foothills with me, so that you can see where I will be residing. Then you may meet up with your friends afterwards, after we make our goodbyes,” he chimed. It sounded very innocent, but Viserys had a plan. He needed insurance, and he would make sure to get it. His violet optics reached back to Mirage, the smile widening.

Daenerys was visibly relieved when Viserys gave his approval, not able to hold back a smile from her face. "I promise! I promise!" She stepped close to him, nudging him lovingly on the neck, hiding the glimpse of concern that crossed her face. This had been too easy; surely, Viserys would have some sort of motive behind his willingness. Trying to catch his gaze, she was anxious to read him, but he only glanced at Mirage with that grin on his face. Whatever; she shook the feeling off, turning back to Mirage with the same smiling face. "Lady Mirage, I shall be honored if you will allow me to be part of The Qian. I will have to see to the comforts of my brother first, but afterward I would love a little tour of the realm, and to meet the other members of course. Will you come by the Foothills on the morrow, to fetch me?" she spoke in her girlish voice, hopeful eyes directed at the black mare. Whatever Viserys had in store for her, it wasn’t about to ruin her joy of having a new family, someone that truly cared and that she could lean on when times got rough.

Messages In This Thread
The rumour said fire [open] - by Viserys - 06-18-2012, 11:14 AM
RE: The rumour said fire [open] - by Solstice - 06-18-2012, 10:06 PM
RE: The rumour said fire [open] - by Viserys - 06-19-2012, 05:55 PM
RE: The rumour said fire [open] - by Mirage - 06-22-2012, 08:49 AM
RE: The rumour said fire [open] - by Daenerys - 06-25-2012, 02:21 PM
RE: The rumour said fire [open] - by Mirage - 06-26-2012, 12:21 AM
RE: The rumour said fire [open] - by Daenerys - 06-27-2012, 05:16 PM
RE: The rumour said fire [open] - by Mirage - 06-27-2012, 08:44 PM