the Rift

More than a Mirage

Zubari Posts: 52
World's Edge Colt
Colt :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 1Year 8 Months
Kuuma :: Melanistic African Civet :: None Dressy

ZUBARI
Yeah I have trust issues, can you blame me?.

Golden eyes could hardly open from the warm liquid pouring down his cheeks. The was kind and inviting like he thought she would be. The lie was working, but there was one issue... It was working so well that he started to believe his own lie. Muscles still shook, but the adrenaline turned into a wave of fear. Veins ran cold, and he could almost feel his small heart stop pounding. It takes a true master mind to believe their own lie. Little did the boy know that he was becoming a true manipulator. It takes a good lair for someone to believe them, but it takes a mastermind to make their own self believe the lie. So here is the question the boy asked himself; if he believe the lie, did that still make it a lie?

He could feel her warm gaze fall upon him. The boy felt like the woman was scrutinizing every movement he made. It was almost like she was looking for a tall tale sign that he was lying. Lucky for the boy there would not be a single tattle tale sign showing, on his small childlike frame. Finally the tears started to come to a halt when she started to reassure him. A forest creature.... His small head shook with a heavy no. "It... It Tried.. eat me. It tummy gurgled and roared, and sharp teeth flashed. I.. I just ran for Life!  "  The small voice shuttered and stuttered out of fear for the monster (who he now believed existed... *or did he?*) was still going to eat him. Small golden nubs moved frantically, searching in the bush around them. Chocolate ears turned and listened to the woman speak, then the harsh tones of the man rang through his ears. Wide eyes looked the direction that he came from."Mommy and daddy going to be mad at me... I saw butterfly, and followed here" His head lowered to the ground. Gold bright eyes looked up to the adults, shamed, scared, and worried all in one glance. The lie he created was so believable to him (or were they?).At this point he could now feel the emotions the golden eye were portraying. "I live on big cliff.... with cracked glass wall around it." He was not sure what his heard was called, but he could explain it... That works just a good right?

The man asked the woman if she wanted to take the colt home, then they could continue to Throat place. Golden eyes wanted to narrow upon the man, but they remained innocent and scared. Pretty land could not stay with scary man... Zubi wanted her to stay at his edge home. Quietly the boy watched the pair interact. Settling upon the woman he noticed that she looked almost like himself. Her bodice almost held the same familiar markings that mom and dad carried. His small voice spoke up quietly, not wanting to interrupt."Where you from? You look like me!" Ecstatically his voice jumped from his small maw. In the scared moment (Or fake scared moment) the boy realized he never introduced himself. "I Zubari." He chimed in once again, forgetting about the make-believe monster.
"talk talk talk"

table code by tamme

@Sanaa @Volterra

Please Tag Zubari in all Posts.
You may use magic and cause slight injury

Messages In This Thread
More than a Mirage - by Sanaa - 09-06-2016, 03:36 PM
RE: More than a Mirage - by Volterra - 09-06-2016, 03:52 PM
RE: More than a Mirage - by Zubari - 09-06-2016, 10:52 PM
RE: More than a Mirage - by Sanaa - 09-11-2016, 10:58 AM
RE: More than a Mirage - by Volterra - 09-11-2016, 11:25 AM
RE: More than a Mirage - by Zubari - 09-12-2016, 10:39 PM