the Rift

[OPEN] Wait it Out

Elspeth Posts: 40
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 7 years
Sarah

Don’t run, Elspeth!

I quickly think to myself, feeling my heart rate pick up at the sight of another pegasus. Graasvoel was still the only other one that I had interacted with - all the rest had me skittering away. They were intimidating and dangerous looking but, as I had recently discovered, a set of wings did not automatically mean you were a god. Which would, at least, save me from another embarrassing conversation where I ask this young mare whether or not she were a goddess.

The fact that she was young did settle my nerves at least a little bit.

At least, as soon as I choke down the realization that my daughter would be her age if she were still alive.

So, unfortunately, there is a brief moment where I look upon this dark brown girl with an expression that is both utter terror and overwhelming sadness as I wrestled with those thoughts but I quickly attempted to smile and banish all negative thoughts away.

Also unfortunately, I’m not as good as covering my emotions as I like to think I am. So while I thought I was doing a good job of graciously smiling at this new stranger, there was still a haunted look in my golden eyes. “Good afternoon.” I reply and I’m relieved to find that my voice is warmer than I feared. “Would you care to join me? The rain’s getting pretty heavy out there.”

Perhaps she had just been intending to walk on by, but I felt the need to say something friendly to prove I wasn’t a complete basketcase. And, well, because talking was proving to be a perfect distraction from my nerves.  “I’m Elspeth.”

There is moving in the stillness, our hearts will beat the sound
so we're raising our voice together - no way we're standing down
image by skylark

@Asavvi
idk she's basically the smoothest horse ever
[Image: 5706a739b3d7b]
please tag Elspeth in all replies

Messages In This Thread
Wait it Out - by Elspeth - 09-07-2016, 01:10 PM
RE: Wait it Out - by Asavvi - 09-07-2016, 04:04 PM
RE: Wait it Out - by Elspeth - 09-08-2016, 04:37 PM
RE: Wait it Out - by Zubari - 09-08-2016, 11:36 PM