the Rift

[OPEN] Wait it Out

Elspeth Posts: 40
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 7 years
Sarah

Some of my sadness went away with the brash little colt - although I knew that even without his presence to call me out on my inability to hide my emotions that didn’t mean I was about to get any better. Asavvi would still notice, even if she did not say anything. Fortunately, though, the young mare was answering my question about her home and I let myself get lost in her description - or, at least, the image that came to my mind. Somewhere filled with rich greens, with woods and trees and plants that were softer than the conifers of the north.

I both feared and hoped the Falls might be like the valleys I called home.

“That sounds wonderful.” I admit with a smile, attempting to shake the visions of my lost home from  my mind and not succeeding. A nagging voice in the back of my head wanted to assume that I could have it again. But, of course, I couldn’t.

When the answer was turned on me, I paused uncertainly and frowned which effectively erased the blissful thoughts I had been entertaining a moment ago. “The Basin, I suppose?” I undoubtedly made a face as I said this, not quite yet believing that I was from the Basin despite having lived there for a year. It was just a place that I was living, really. It wasn’t home. “It was supposed to be safe, far away in the northern mountains, and it was for a time…” I drift off for a moment, aware that I’ve probably said a little bit too much. Actually what I said, thoguh the truth, might come across a little more ominous than I intended. No doubt the Basin was a beautiful home for some but they had a thicker hide than I.

I don’t apologize for my words, though, but instead cast my amber eyes over to the girl and ask something else about her home: “Is anyone welcome there?”

There is moving in the stillness, our hearts will beat the sound
so we're raising our voice together - no way we're standing down
image by skylark

@Asavvi
[Image: 5706a739b3d7b]
please tag Elspeth in all replies

Messages In This Thread
Wait it Out - by Elspeth - 09-07-2016, 01:10 PM
RE: Wait it Out - by Asavvi - 09-07-2016, 04:04 PM
RE: Wait it Out - by Elspeth - 09-08-2016, 04:37 PM
RE: Wait it Out - by Zubari - 09-08-2016, 11:36 PM
RE: Wait it Out - by Asavvi - 09-14-2016, 08:10 AM