the Rift

[PRIVATE] Blood and Bone [Moon]

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the MOON

From the stars came the heavens

The Goddess shifted, considering her son's question. Had it been any other who had asked such a thing of her, she likely wouldn't have tittered her disapproval. After all, his quest had been to stop short of murder, and that much was done. As for the overall outcome, such was not her place to comment. But it wasn't just anyone, it was her son. Her only child, who for so long had felt estranged from her. And despite the Goddess' lack of mothering and motherly instincts, she did want to keep her son close to her as all mothers do, and to protect him from whatever harms she could.

Bowing her head, the goddess inhaled, and then nodded.

"I am not my brother, darling." She began, raising her silvery gaze to meet Mesec's. "I cannot see as far into the future as he can. But I can tell you that Zero has survived his wounds. His wounds which might have been life-threatening have been taken care of. He will live." Again, were it anyone else she was speaking to, she might have said something about how Zero's body was already fairly broken, and that if anything, the new scars he had acquired would probably be good for his reputation. But it wasn't just anyone, and so the Goddess remained silent. 

"Life is not always easy, Mesec, nor are the lessons that are worth learning. You have done as I have asked, and despite the weight on your heart, I am proud of you." A warm rush of air tugged Mesec's mane backwards, as the Goddess smiled towards him. "But I understand that the scars of the heart are not so easily healed. Here, take this-" From beneath the Goddess' wing, a silvery key appeared. It sparkled as if created from the stars themselves, and floated towards Mesec. 
"I stand by what I have said to you tonight, Mesec. The lessons that are most worth learning come at a price, and sometimes that price is pain. However if you ever encounter a wound too terrible to bear, you may use this key to lock away the memory from your mind. You will retain the lesson, but will forget how it was you came to learn it. Use this gift wisely Mesec."

Congratulations! Mesec has been granted his magic! 

:: [ Magic: Dark (U) | Can transform into a shadow beast. Retains memory and control over his body while in this form. ] 

:: [ Restrictions | Transformation is painful, rending him immobile for 10 seconds and the beast form is still solid ]

and, because Mesec chose the harder of the two options for his quest, he has also been gifted:

:: [Item | Enchanted Key | A one-time use key that can be used to lock away a memory. Sparkles as if coated in stardust.]

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
Blood and Bone [Moon] - by Mesec - 09-10-2016, 10:11 PM
RE: Blood and Bone [Moon] - by God of the Moon - 09-11-2016, 09:51 AM
RE: Blood and Bone [Moon] - by Mesec - 09-11-2016, 10:30 AM
RE: Blood and Bone [Moon] - by God of the Moon - 09-11-2016, 11:00 AM
RE: Blood and Bone [Moon] - by Mesec - 09-11-2016, 12:02 PM
RE: Blood and Bone [Moon] - by God of the Moon - 09-19-2016, 11:43 AM
RE: Blood and Bone [Moon] - by Mesec - 09-19-2016, 02:16 PM
RE: Blood and Bone [Moon] - by God of the Moon - 09-23-2016, 12:38 PM
RE: Blood and Bone [Moon] - by Mesec - 09-24-2016, 06:07 PM