the Rift

[OPEN] a sleepless night becomes bitter oblivion [Hector]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

A fine layer of dust covered Sohalia's normally pristine pelt, a collection begun several weeks ago when she had asked to rejoin the crafter ranks. The job that Cera had granted her had been a blessing: muscles had blossomed beneath her skin where they hadn't been in years, a glint of happiness had returned to her eye, and satisfaction had begun to bud in her chest. She looked healthier than she had in quite a while - pregnancy after pregnancy had left her soft and complacent, but now she was growing fit and finding herself more in control of her moods. Since her fight with Gaucho, she had been a mess, and finally she was managing to work her way out of it.

The sun was bright and hot, but the ivory dove had long since grown used to the heat. Sweat mingled with the dirt to turn her a pale champagne color, though she hardly noticed or cared. There was work to be done: metal sat in stacks around her, waiting to be sorted or moved to the church for use. Speaking of the church, it was past time that she sought out Maren, their new Diviner and a fellow crafter. If she was to be of any use at all, she would need to coordinate with the mare about what she wanted and needed for the project. On the way to the church site, she would need to stop by the oasis - Vinati was probably ready for lunch, and if Sohalia was being honest, she could use the break. A soft huff left the mare's lips as she considered her ever-growing to do list.

Her wandering mind led her back to the waters of the oasis that was central to the Dragon's Throat herd. One eye on the lookout for her youngest daughter, the dove lowered her head to drink, savoring the feel of the water on her parched throat. Though it was not quite cool, it was quite a bit less warm than the air around her, and it was all that she could do to resist the temptation to leap into the waters. That wouldn't get anything done, and she had enough to do without wasting time. Still, she had to admit that standing in the shade was pleasant. Perhaps she would linger, if only for a few moments, and see if Vinati would wander by for lunch.

"Talk talk talk."
VenomXBaby

@Hector - a crafting thread for you! :D
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
Come ride with me through the veins of history.
I'll show you how God falls asleep on the job.

The stallion had been trotting around, wings folded neatly against his sides. His flame-like markings that flew up his throat, seeming to flicker in the sunlight. Spotting a rocky outcropping that darted out over the oasis, he grinned. The stallion, despite his age, could still act like a colt at heart. Increasing his speed, the stallion reached a steady canter halfway up the outcropping. His wings spread wide as he lifted off the edge and flapped upwards for a few moments. Turning downwards as he got enough height, he zoomed towards the oasis. Figuring he needed to slow his speed, the stallion tilted upwards and spread his wings slightly before he splashed into the lake. It felt good on this hot Tallsun day, to go swimming in the water. What he didn't realize was that he had more than likely ended up splashing Sohalia, who was nearby.

"Whoops, sorry there!" He said, clambering out of the oasis. His wings were thoroughly soaked, so he left them partially unfolded to dry off in the heat of the sun. He dropped his head in respect with a soft smile. "Ah, Sohalia. Just the mare I wanted to see. I've had a few feathers fall out recently, and had a request since I know you can encase things in crystal." The stallion stated, flicking his leonine tail. The stallion would wait until the mare accepted his request about encasing things in crystal before tugging a few loose feathers from his wings. Once again, the large stallion shook out his wings again to try to get them to dry more quickly. Wet wings were horrible sometimes, especially on days like today.
"blah blah"

@[Sohalia]

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Sohalia

Sohalia heard the muffled steps in the sand too late - a shadow flickered across her vision, and then suddenly she was being pelted with droplets of water. A surprised, "Oh!" left her lips as she spun toward the little lake of the oasis, spots of ivory appearing beneath her dust-stained pelt. When she realized what had happened - that Hector, one of the Dragon's Throat warriors, had leapt into the pool like a small child - she couldn't help but laugh. Though she had never known the flame-kissed stallion well, he was one of the few remaining that she did at least have a name for.

"Please," she laughed as the steed emerged from the water, "don't stop on my account. I do believe you have the right idea!" In fact, as soon as she was done chatting with the warrior, she would have to take a dip as well. It would be the perfect break from her crafting - or, rather, hauling - and perhaps she would even have a clean, white coat again, at least for a little while.

Much to her surprise, Hector did not immediately continue on his way. Instead, the stallion paused and greeted her, seeming pleased to have run into her. As he continued to speak, she understood why - it seemed that he had a crafting request, and a pleasant smile settled onto her face as a result. She could never turn down such a request, not when her crystal magic gave her such pleasure. "Of course, Hector. I'd be happy to help. What did you have in mind? Just a simple crystal layer for protection? Or will you want a loop at the ends so that you could string them onto a chain or a rope?"

"Talk talk talk."
VenomXBaby

@Hector
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
Come ride with me through the veins of history.
I'll show you how God falls asleep on the job.

He smiled at the mare when she spoke about crystalizing. She seemed happy that he had requested something of crystal. "I'd just like them in a light layer of protection, but with a loop at the end as well." His leonine tail flicked happily as he pulled out a few loose primaries from his wings. He passed the feathers towards Sohalia. "How have you been by the way?" He asked, flapping his wings up and down in an attempt to dry them off more quickly. Perhaps later he could go for another swim, or make a stop in the Threshold. He ducked his head down towards Sohalia, arching his neck slightly.

He was happy to be home back in the Throat. The flame-like markings going up his neck arched and danced like real flames as he moved his neck around. "I've been itching to start a family as some point." He said suddenly. Thoughts of starting a family had been on the stallion's mind lately. Seeing all the foals around the Throat lately had caused the stallion to begin wanting for foals of his own soon. Passing on his genes would be something he would enjoy doing a few times. If he was to die without passing on genes, his family legacy would be dead-ended with him. And that was not something the liver chestnut warrior would want to happen. Foals bearing his markings and family name would be amazing. If anything, he hoped that if he ever had foals that they would be warriors like their father was. Strong and powerful and handsome or beautiful.
"blah blah"

@[Sohalia]

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Sohalia

The mare began to work, drawing on the magic that dwelled within her to encase the feathers. She worked slowly and carefully, knowing from experience how delicate feathers could be. Her crystal encased each one with precision, ensuring that they would not bend or break, protected from the elements and from any physical harm. Her crystal, though thin and intricately crafted, had always been abnormally strong. She had confidence that the coating that she now supplied would be more than ample protection for Hector's prized feathers.

As she worked, half of her mind remained on the conversation at hand. "I'm well, thank you for asking," she responded with a small smile. It was half a lie, but he didn't need to know that. She may have known Hector for some time, but she did not know him well, and she was not one to air her dirty laundry for all to see. Even if she was tired and nervous and morose ever since she and Gaucho fought. At least she had Vinati: the girl was a beacon to see her through the difficult times. Besides, the WildFire would come around eventually. He had to.

"I've been itching to start a family at some point." The sudden outburst had the dove's brows raising and her eyes flicking up at him from where she had been focused on his feathers. What a random revelation to offer to her! Surely he wasn't hinting at anything - everyone in the Throat knew of her history with Gaucho, and even besides, she hardly knew the flame-kissed stallion before her. "Oh?" she responded after a half-breath's hesitation, hoping that he would simply chalk up her distraction to her work. She was only about halfway done, after all. "Did you have a particular mare in mind?"

"Talk talk talk."
VenomXBaby

@Hector