the Rift

Miles and miles to go before we sleep

Asavvi Posts: 41
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 :: 2
Laine

It was difficult for Asavvi to break her gaze from the Earth God. She had heard so much of his praises from her parents (mostly from her father) that she had formed such a clear picture of him in her mind. The reality surpasses even that larger than life image. He should have been frightening, his size alone was almost monstrous, but there was this overwhelming aura that he breathed into the world around him. ASAP would have called it goodness. A serenity, a benevolence that never hinted to the filly the raw power behind it exuded from him, palpable in the way the earth bloomed at his touch. The heal, to create, to calm, those things Asavvi saw and found beautiful, found Godly. Her mother had long praised the Sun for his light and flame, but Asavvi saw the Earth and wondered who could favor another.

When she did turn her sky-eyes away, it was to see the others that came to his call. The first had flowers in her hair, which the girl though so very charming, the second…The second was a mare of great size that the filly looked on with calm eyes, but inside was ravaged with an alert curiosity. Somehow she recognized that she should be drawing conclusions before her mind could starts putting together the pieces. The mud colored giant gave her a nod, odd enough as the filly did not recognize her, but she did recognize the bronze dragon perched upon her red-draped back. Was this “The Mountain That Knows”?

It was. Asavvi leaned this after she learned a few other things as well. Archibald, who her mother had once spoke of as a brutal opponent, was here as well, and the girl eyed him warily as he was addressed by the God. The great black stallion was one she felt she should avoid and even more so because the red dog that accompanied him was watching her with bright amber eyes. Aavvi didn’t like it one bit, she had come to the Falls to hid, but the dod was making her feel just as wary as she had in the wilds. Though she remained where she was, and eventually passed over the canine, inside her should the sparks that would be her starts hovered as the ready.

The God addressed the herd, and gave Asavvi the answer she had wanted, naming the tall mare as the voice that had spoken to her from the trees and the mare seconded the identification when she spoke. The name was still strange, a title more than and earthly moniker, but who was Asavvi to judge the names that other people chose to speak, she had been “Csilla” for days now.

With what seemed the main business over with, the little star-seeker watched the God. Would he go now that he had said what it seemed he had come to say? The though made her sad, almost anxious, like his parting would be an opportunity lost. She had been intending to hide here, but also to learn, but "learning" had been such a vague goal, one with no end and no obvious place to start—the curse of one who knew they were lacking but had no notion of what they lacked. The Earth, however, had struck some inspiration in the girl. Logically, it made sense to understand the start of something before working out the finer details. She wanted to understand all she could about her world but where did that start? The Gods. They were the foundation of magic, of life itself; the sun and moon and earth and time itself, all the powers that moved in halva drew strength from them.

Decided, the filly stepped forward, deadly calm, unerringly polite. “Sir,” she said in her soft voice. Her head dipped to the Earth God. “I must thank you for saving my sister—“ She didn’t doubt that he would know her meaning. Mordecai had been saved by the Earth’s mercy even before Asavvi had been born, though she’d heard the story a million times. “I know you must be busy, but if…If I had questions, may I seek you out?”

Asavvi
Cause you get lighter the more it gets dark
I'm gonna give you my heart
credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: Miles and miles to go before we sleep - by Asavvi - 09-19-2016, 08:10 PM