the Rift

[OPEN] My heart is a ghost town [Iskra birth]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Hope the wound heals but it never does, that's cause I'm at war with love
Never let a wound ruin me, but I feel like ruin's wooing me
Before, Ampere would have hated anyone to see her this way - vulnerable. It was what had caused her to attack Gaucho the last few times he'd been present at her births, what had driven her to shout at Tandavi... but with time Ampere had come to cherish the surrounding of friends and families, had opened up and let them lift her up when she was weak.

Being alone now with nothing but her child felt more vulnerable than all those other times before.
Gaucho would not come to this one.
Tandavi was no longer present to shake sense into her.

She was finally alone, and it was awful.

Kygo warbled a gentle greeting as Sohalia and Astraeus appeared; it was also a nudge against Ampere's soul that she was not, in fact alone. The realization of that was not often comforting to her though, not from him, but only because it was true.

Ampere's gaze flicked towards Sohalia like a dim streak of lightning in the graying dawn. There was a softening to its hardened edges, and somehow the mare's presence seemed to bring color back into the dull glaze that affected Ampere in more than just her irises. Still, she hadn't the heart to offer even a weak smile, so all she did was nod in quiet greeting, an acceptance of the other's presence and praise, for whatever it was worth.

“If only beauty was enough," Ampere intoned cynically, her attention shifting to the babe with a certain apathy. She saw Gaucho in him, a reflection she both relished and savagely wanted to be rid of for the agony it beckoned. It resonated even stronger now as the newborn, still weak, struggled to even stand. Under normal circumstances this was expected, and if she were to look upon him as a child and not the Wildfire she would have accepted it, but beneath the shadow of his father's death, it felt like she was watching the fire burn out once more, and she felt deeply wounded for it. Unwilling to watch him die twice, she bumped her nose against the babe's side, encouraging him to rise. Kygo crooned support to the hatchling, and Ampere.

“I'm healthy, if that's what you mean," Ampere talked slowly, sadness tinging her every word, dragging them down. She suspected Sohalia didn't actually intend to get her what would help, how could she? Surely the mare didn't mean to ask if she was well, because any answer worth saying was going to be a lie. Nothing could fix this - Ampere knew she felt it too. Yet she has the strength to care about others... Ampere thinks dismally, ever weakened beneath Sohalia's grace.

“How is your daughter?" Ampere manages to ask after a bout of silence, not wanting Sohalia to leave her for being rude, but unable to hold any worthwhile conversation at the moment. That question seemed the best route - she didn't dare ask Sohalia how she herself was doing, because selfish as she was, Ampere knew the Transcended echoed her grief, even if she hid it better.

Ampere

image credits

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My heart is a ghost town [Iskra birth] - by Ampere - 09-20-2016, 02:18 PM