the Rift

[OPEN] My heart is a ghost town [Iskra birth]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia
the Transcended
She wondered briefly if Ampere simply wanted to be left alone. If she were in the Mother of Companion's place, what would she want? Now, more than ever, Sohalia was certain that Ampere's child was Gaucho's - and if that were true, then looking upon his dark face could cause only heartbreak. However much Ampere loved her son - and the mare did not doubt that she loved him - that budding affection paled under the weight of the death of the stallion she (they) loved. But if she were Ampere, she would not want to face the darkness that yawned before her alone. And if her lover was gone, who would she turn to?

Wouldn't she want someone who understood her pain?

With a shaky breath, the Transcended shook her head. "No, you're not," she responded bluntly to Ampere's declaration of health. "Neither am I, anymore." The pair watched the colt upon the sands, no doubt both comparing him to his father. Was Gaucho ever so small, so insignificant? "We'll get through this, you know." It was a murmur, a whisper, almost a promise. "You don't have to suffer alone." It wouldn't be fair, not when Ampere, at least, had noticed something wrong. All Sohalia had done was watch from afar, never even knowing that the Wildfire was ill until it was already over.

A note of surprise colored the mare's bicolored eyes when Ampere asked about her daughter. "Vinati is faring better than we," she admitted with the slightest hint of a smile. "She sees ghosts, so it is easier for her to imagine a healthy father waiting for her in the world beyond this one. She sees it as a temporary separation, where all we see is the finality of death." She sighed heavily. Even with her ability to step into the spirit world, Sohalia's gift was weaker than Vinati's. She had yet to find her former mate's spirit wandering nearby, though it wasn't for lack of trying. "Sometimes I wish I could see things her way, but I fear I am too old now to find the magic she sees in the world. All I see is the pain and sadness that lingers in his wake."

The foal stood then, and the mare found a soft smile upon her face. There was strength in the babe indeed. She just hoped that it would be enough to bolster his mother's failing spirit.

"Talking."
-Astraeus.-

@Ampere

Sohalia
Image Credits
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: My heart is a ghost town [Iskra birth] - by Sohalia - 10-03-2016, 05:55 PM