the Rift

[OPEN] My heart is a ghost town [Iskra birth]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Hope the wound heals but it never does, that's cause I'm at war with love
Never let a wound ruin me, but I feel like ruin's wooing me
Ampere was surprised by Sohalia's firm response. "No you're not," then why ask, Ampere wondered faintly, or “is it that obvious?" She hadn't exactly bothered to hide it, really. Not like Sohalia. Oh, she knew the mare was likely just as broken as she on the inside, but the Transcended, always stronger than Ampere in ways the eye couldn't see, was able to still cope. She still put on the face the herd needed, still managed to be civil and capable enough to even help the others that were grieving, like her.

It was admirable, but Ampere also felt some cruel pang of jealousy, and hated Sohalia just a little bit for it.
Why can't someone else be a mess besides just me, was the jist of it.

Yet, just as equally, Ampere was grateful for Sohalia and the raw honesty she spoke, even if she wasn't crawling around on the sands like Ampere. “What does suffering together accomplish?" she asked with a new tiredness, unable to find hope in Sohalia's words, even if she found kinship. “How can you be so capable still? Doesn't it hurt every moment? Doesn't it come up every time you look around?" Something like a strangled sob escaped her.

“He's everywhere here," she whispered. “I'm torn between wanting to see him in everything, and wanting to avoid the memories dredged up by it. I-" she broke of, unable to put whatever it was she feeling into words. Either way, she knew Sohalia would understand, just too bad it was enough.

It was something though, and something was better than the nothing she'd had.

Ampere quieted, somber as she listened to Sohalia share her daughter's abilities and sighting. She was startled by the girl's power, and hadn't know of Sohalia's capabilities for it until then either, she'd only ever known of the mare as the crystal maker. Still, Ampere felt reluctant to believe or hope. “It would be nice to think as she does," Ampere agreed, quiet as she contemplated, not for the first time, what might be after death. Like Sohalia though, she couldn't find any brightness at the end. Gaucho had burned with a light when he lived. In his death the flames snuffed out, and that was proof enough to Ampere what happened when you died.

Nothing.
Darkness.
Loss.

“You're very brave, you know," Ampere murmured after a moment of quiet. Her head was bowed in though, and gently she turned the gray-blue of her gaze towards the pale mare. “Thank you," she said with as much passion as she could still muster, because she truly meant it. She might have gone mad if she were left alone in this hour, but it was more than that. Something that had always been hidden and danced around between the two of them had finally been exposed, even if not spoken aloud. That Sohalia now knew, and Ampere was sure that she knew, about Gaucho and her and had the heart to still support her was so kind it hurt. It was a reminder of the good left in the world, the way the sun still peeks past the edges of the storm, or the way a butterfly makes it through a hurricane. If Ampere couldn't find beauty, or hope, or love within herself or the world any longer, she could at least find some shred of it in Sohalia.

She had deserved the Wildfire all along.

[Just skip Iskra. He's nursing/falling asleep.]
Ampere

image credits

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My heart is a ghost town [Iskra birth] - by Ampere - 10-08-2016, 11:07 PM