the Rift

Waiting for a Change

Asteria Posts: 6
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3
Viola
As the huge stallion begins to walk and gestures her to follow, she only hesitates slightly before proceeding to walk up next to him. Her heart is now pounding with excitement rather than fear as she realizes what this all means. She's going to finally, finally going to have a home! Although she had liked living as an outcast, this new prospect made her happier than she had been in a very long time. In fact she couldn't recall the last time she had felt this way. As Volterra explains the magical bridge to her, she becomes more and more entranced by this new land. Magic? Although she had heard rumors and the passing down of stories and lore about magic, she had never really considered that it could be very real. She had never not believed in it- she had just never really thought about it. Well, I guess it'll soon be time for me to find out about all of this. She had to refrain herself from springing a thousand more questions on him.

Volterra asks her what she excels at, and she pauses. At the mention of warriors, she is instantly transported back to when she was a few months old and her father started showing her some small fight maneuvers and other tricks and tips of defending herself. Her mother however, was always unhappy with this and didn't like the fact that her precious daughter was learning to fight. She wanted her to become a healer. But Asteria was having none of it. She appreciated and admired healers, they were so patient and talented. She just didn't have the temperment or patience for it. She wanted to always be out in the action. She continued being trained by her father and was excelling. As she became almost 2 years old, however her mother put an end to it. She didn't want her daughter in harms way. So she stopped training. It was only a few weeks after that that she had left the herd.

The talking stallion brings her back to the present, out of her thoughts. He is waiting for an answer. What does she say? She's been out of practice for over a year-what if she doesn't remember how to be a warrior? What if she had forgotten everything? What if they kicked her out because she was no good? Well, I still have to try! "I am a warrior. Before coming to this land a good amount of moons ago, I was trained to fight. I may be little rusty but I think if you give me a chance, I could pick it up again very quickly."

@Volterra

Messages In This Thread
Waiting for a Change - by Asteria - 09-09-2016, 09:48 PM
RE: Waiting for a Change - by Volterra - 09-10-2016, 03:04 PM
RE: Waiting for a Change - by Asteria - 09-10-2016, 07:20 PM
RE: Waiting for a Change - by Volterra - 09-11-2016, 06:55 AM
RE: Waiting for a Change - by Asteria - 09-11-2016, 12:55 PM
RE: Waiting for a Change - by Volterra - 09-11-2016, 02:17 PM
RE: Waiting for a Change - by Asteria - 09-12-2016, 10:36 PM
RE: Waiting for a Change - by Volterra - 09-13-2016, 02:09 PM
RE: Waiting for a Change - by Asteria - 09-15-2016, 01:33 AM