the Rift

[PRIVATE] Sometimes we fall

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
tembovu
Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
The days were shortening. Not terribly noticeably at first; but the Lunar Butterflies soon made the shift of seasons known with their evening light display. They drew attention to the hastening sunset with their pale, glowing wings that flocked to the grand, old trees’ trunks. Bright veins of color glittered amid the glow, drawing the Elephant’s eye as he rested alongside the Edge’s lake’s shores. His dark gaze stared placidly over the calm, glass-like water, disturbed only by the delicate dip of Mbwene’s trunk as she drank.

A black-rimmed ear swiveled, black-lined neck swiveling as gentle, cool breeze ruffled his short mane. He probed the darkness, eyes still seeing pinpricks of light where the lunar butterflies had been. “Anzanie?” His voice was quiet, recognizing the long, jewel-studded horn and delicately splashed skin. “My beautiful Glazier, are you alright?” He turned away from the water, facing the slender woman whom he had known for nearly as long as he had been in Helovia. Only Mauja and Rexanna had been his friends before this woman.

His head dropped to her level, gaze probing her pale eyes in concern. The glass-crowned woman had not been her usual, gentle self lately. She had seemed distracted, upset. His black rimmed ears tipped forward, closely listening for her reply.

Mbwene hung back, wrinkled eyes shifting between the slender lady and her bonded. Not subtly, an image of Rexanna suddenly flooded Tembovu’s mind from the small elephant. And then Zubari. And Katua. The King sighed softly, mentally scolding his companion for her unsubtle reminders. He knew what she was implying, and was anxiously awaiting the Orangemoon Festival. But it was useless to try and block her, so he returned his attention to the friend, face lined with concern.
Image|Table

@Anzanie

Please tag Tembovu.

Anzanie Posts: 86
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 :: Ages in Orangemoon
Danjah
anzanie

I need your touch don't need your love...
In the silence she could feel something pulling her even closer towards the light, her pools open but she did not feel anything. It was as if she had died and the shell was the only thing left. Her bodice was beautiful, but her heart had sunk deep into the ground. What had she done to deserve something that felt so empty and cold, when all she had wanted was the happiness that was encased in finding love, children and a sense of achievement? She had none of that, not anymore. Viserra was gone, she obviously meant nothing to Misael and yet the splashed fae felt like this was just a tiny piece of the puzzle to why she was just not content. Her heart ached even further for two more things she could not have, to name but a few.

The capsule crawled closer to the noise...

"Anzanie? My beautiful Glazier, are you alright?"

It was a warmth that pulled her back, the warmth in the voice that she craved. With an uncontrollable sense of calm, she gazed deep into the azure pools that looked back with such concern that the intensity could have eaten her up. She strayed from the gaze, her cranium dropping as her own pale jaded pools filled with pain. A small mumble eminated from her velveteens, but nothing coherent. With a few moments pause, Anzanie then spoke, softly and quietly with all of the emotion in her high pitched voice,
"My king, I just don't know. I don't know if I am alright," with a sigh she felt like the tears would come streaming down her long beautiful skull, but in the presence of the baby elephant companion, Mbwene, it felt like that would be just too inappropriate. No young creature should see such sadness, particularly when it was not necessarily justified, "I'm sorry I haven't been the Glazier you deserve, my love..." Nothing had prepared her for the shock of saying what she had, but her friend was him. Tembovu was like her knight in shining armour, her friend, the one she needed in her life. But would he be so sure when he really knew what else he meant to her? "No, not my love, I mean..."

The words were flooding, so this was when the only sense of sensibility in her silenced the rest of her words. Time would tell now what consequences would come of what she needed to say, how much she needed to crawl back in terms of seasons to be at the point she could return to normality.
" . "

image | coding

@Tembovu
[Image: K9UH30N5.gif]
Please tag Anzanie in all posts! ♥

tembovu
The Elephant’s concern grew as Anzanie’s incoherent mumbles funneled into his perked ears in answer his to his question. His massive body leaned towards her, taking a sweeping step to close the distance that separated him from the delicate, downtrodden woman. The Lunar Butterflies gently lit their two bodies alongside the lake, giving an ethereal glow to her downcast, pale eyes.

But then, words began to stream from her lips—an answer, an apology, a ’my love.’ His ears twitched at the words, dark brows raising and creasing slightly as she hastened to amend the easy slip of her tongue. His head, already dropped to her level, reached out towards her, muzzle gently seeking to briefly brush the soft skin just below the base of her horn. Navy eyes sought her pale gaze, uncertain of what he would find there but knowing very little happiness existed in the once-cheery woman.

“Anz,” his low voice rumbled softly, “Anz, what is wrong? You may speak to me, you are among my oldest friends in Helovia.” He sighed softly, his hot breath filling the narrowed space between the King and his Glazier. He wasn’t certain exactly what was causing such a change in his Glazier, nor what caused her to confuse her words or carry her elegant body in such a dejected manner.

In the face of the delicate woman’s sadness, even Mbwene was swayed. She stopped the mental onslaught of images to her bonded, instead shuffling forward with a soft wine and twining her long trunk in Anzanie’s silken, ivory tail as a gesture of solace. The King offered a small, lopsided grin, “You’ve even won Mbwene over.” And then his low voice faded, waiting to see what ailed his friend.
Image|Table

@Anzanie

Please tag Tembovu.

Outcast
Danjah
anzanie
I need your touch don't need your love...
The gigantic physique of her King smothered her in shadow as he leaned closer, and her own narrow bodice felt so weak and fragile. Her mind and body was broken to a point that she felt there was no return, but the way Anzanie felt as Tembovu looked at her gave her the sense that she could have died at that moment and done so peacefully. The contrasting feelings within her wanted to spring out onto him and repeatedly scream everything that she had felt for too long.

The abandoned princess had fallen for the King, but even for royalty there was no future.

After she had spurted out her words of embarrassment at him, her horrified expression gave away everything to him. But perhaps the splashed had not yet realised that her words were to have a lasting effect, and it seemed incredible to her that his own reaction to being called her love was as soft. But this was Tembovu, and he was the gentlest of all giants. She shivered slightly as his cranium came close to hers, and the touch of his own soft skin under the base of her horn sent lightning sparks down her bodice. She recalled the glass crown that he had suggested she craft for herself, the same place where he was focussing his attention on, and it was like a rememberance of when a life was simpler for her - when she didn't have such desires for him...

But her sorrowful pools, now closed as she took in his scent, were disturbed with his soft tones from her King, prompting her to explain why she was so downtrodden. It was going to take so much more than a sentence to explain to the dark brute, but her soul was torn anyway, so why not break it completely,
"As are you, Temb, never have I ever had a friend like you, but if I was to tell you, ohh..." the pain in her pools screamed at him, "We would be a broken friendship." she hesitated once more before she carried on, wincing as she spoke again, "We would be a broken friendship because there's one of us who longs for more than that..."

And in the tension of it all, even through the sadness that pierced her skull, Anzanie felt a wave of love as Mbwene, Tembovu's little elephant bonded, entwined herself in her long ivory tassles. Anzanie smiled through the tears she fought back and leaned her leg into the little creature, feeling comfort in the touch of her. Her King's small smile touched her hewart too, as he spoke of winning over his otherwise cautious little one, "One day I will have a Mbwene of my own." Her attempt at humour was tainted with a truthful statement, the lonliness that she felt eased by just one small little bonded that she assumed had given Tembovu so much love and purpose.

" . "

image | coding

@Tembovu My brain's a little foggy so sorry if it's a bit everywhere! But omg I'm so in love with Temb he's such a cutie <3

tembovu
The lovely, splashed woman allowed his gentle touch beneath her horn—a relief to the King to know that her grief was not so deep as to be beyond the reach of his offered solace. Mbwene’s trunk stilled in the lacing of her tail as the ivory and chestnut mare began to speak—her navy eyes peering around the Glazier’s hocks to stare accusingly at her bonded. Her blameful glare was caused equal parts by the King not realizing this before this moment and unknowingly provoking Anzanie’s grief.

As she spoke, the Elephant slowly withdrew his muzzle from her forehead. He shifted backwards, putting distance between them, as his navy gaze probed her pale eyes. Gradually, all the pieces began to fit together—all the irregular edges of Anzanie’s strange behavior towards him, her general downtrodden behavior, and her intermittent anger (so out-of-place for the genteel woman) began to fit together as she haltingly explained herself.

And, for the first time since the King had first met the mare that day of clearing away glass shards, he was at a loss of what to say. This was the woman who had encouraged him to keep the lion’s claw that still hung at his chest because it was from someone he loved. This was the woman that encouraged him to pursue Rexanna’s love, so long ago. And so he was no small part shocked and nonplussed that, for her, their close bond of friendship had morphed into something more.

A soft sigh pushed out of his flared nostrils; brows raised in consternation. “Anzanie, I—” but his deep voice broke off, uncertain as to what to follow it with. Mbwene, who hadn’t retreated, began to once again twine and untwine her trunk in Anzanie’s tail, feeding off of the Elephant’s uncertainty and discomfort. Silence stretched, navy eyes unable to look away but voice unable to articulate anything of meaning.

He wanted to give her something, anything, because he felt he owed that to her for as deep as their friendship ran. And so, halting, he tried once more, “Anzanie, you are one of my closest friends. And I hold you close to my heart. But I have made promises to Rexanna, and I cannot—will not—break them. I am sorry, my dear friend, I do not wish to cause you more pain…” his tongue searched for more—some offer of solace or solution to this impasse, but found none.
Image|Table

@Anzanie

Please tag Tembovu.

Outcast
Danjah
anzanie
Quote goes here woot woot
and the fun continues what
Within her moment of true madness she had let her guard down - he knew. And the way that he reciprocated truly broke her, his touch slowly withdrawing from her skull and stepping back, the distance almost frightening as she felt the weight of rejection crushing her bodice. And somehow she was able to still stay standing. Yet it was not okay, for Anzanie was physically shaking at the pillars, her gaze unable to look at her beloved Tembovu as she felt she understood what was coming...

And what had she expected? Her King had several children of his own - he didn't need that from her. Her King had a lover of his own - he didn't that from her. So what the fuck was she going to give to him now? With one glance the thought of the lover's pendant that she had helped craft the glass chain for, that hung around his massive neck. The fae was unable to replace even her, as much as she longed for it. She didn't know much of Rexanna, but the sorrow and hatred within her made her seeth at the thought of the one that had won him, perhaps long before Anzanie had even been on the scene.

But to drag her from those thoughts and into something even less comfortable, Tembovu's sigh struck her with a fear of the words. She felt Mbwene's touch in her tassles, it was still like Tembovu was the one touching her but she wanted to be away from all feelings. In spite of this, she let the little elephant continue to do what she did, Anzanie's tears starting to form as it was as if she was reliving her nightmare of finding herself in Helovia to begin with...

"Anzanie, you are one of my closest friends. And I hold you close to my heart. But..."

The "but" was all she needed and for the moment that she had stared at Tembovu's chest, she ripped her gaze away and stared at the hardening ground. The rest he spoke of were words that he knew. The man of honour remained honourable - and Anzanie hated it,
"You should not have known of this, I can't do this Tembovu. You have your Rexanna, your children, but I wanted you!" The tears streamed down her face now as her high pitched voice grew even higher as the words struggled to come out, "I, I..." She turned her cranium far away before she stepped backwards from her King to create a bigger distance. The wound needed to be cauterised, and the splashed fae knew of no other way than to do this, "I need to leave, I just can't Tembovu. I am no longer your Glazier, I will no longer bother you, I'm sorry..."

I will never stop loving you.

" . "

image | coding

@Tembovu

tembovu
As his navy gaze saw her physically shaking in response to the distance he put between them, he felt the overwhelming urge to close the distance and hold her. But (Mbwene glared pointedly at him, as if to say, ’Don’t you dare’), he knew that would not help the matter at hoof. In fact it would only serve to make things harder for his dear, splashed friend.

So, despite the urgings of his subconscious, he remained apart from Anzanie, pained eyes watching for her reaction to his words—but the tears. Black rimmed ears tilt backwards as he leans towards her, “Anz,” was his low, sad murmur as the tears began to streak down her face. His own muzzle reached out to hers—but she turned away before he could touch her—comfort her.

He let her have borderline-hysteric tirade; it was her right, and he felt he had somehow wronged her. Though, when she dealt the final blow: “I need to leave,” he visibly winced. “Please stay,” the quiet, deep words were out of his dark, thick lips before he could stop them. He took a deep breath, steadying his mind as well as his soul, “I accept your resignation from Glazier, and understand if you must leave but—” he paused, navy eyes studying her pale gaze for long moments, before glancing to her glass crown they had crafted together, “—I would hate to lose you. I will give you time to think about it.”

And, with a final and pained look, he turned to walk away. Mbwene gave one, last stroke of her silken tail before she plodded after her bonded—though she glanced back at Anzanie many times as they left.
Image | Table

@Anzanie sorry I drug this out forever ;-; we can end it here?

Please tag Tembovu.