the Rift

Refuge - [open]

Cassius Posts: 46
Aurora Basin Haurspex atk: 3.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.0h :: 4 [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
mar

»› C A S S I U S ‹«

Before an answer could be ushered forth, another individual approaches the gray stallion. It’s overwhelming for the fellow to receive so much attention. It makes him flounder; step back to accommodate the growing crowd. It leaves him with a half grin, bewildered and surprised.

“O-oh? The rage eh? Heh…” He tilts his head, and politely listens to the young girl. She does this thing with her eyes, and the stallion finds himself dumbfounded by the action. She’s far too young, pretty thing that she is. But how does one take flattery gracefully? The stallion chuckles nervously as she purred. “All is forgiven. Thank-you, I quite like it myself. Ah- a pleasure to make your acquaintance Merlin.”

He forgets to reciprocate that her name is unique and interesting as well. But there’s far too much happening, questions swirling and tumbling in his head. The people, the people were all beautiful! How could he possibly make a choice now?

Cassius smiles sheepishly as she describes her home, winking. Would it be creepy if he winked back? What did it really mean… He tries his best to be jovial, and smiles sweetly to the girl with the honeyed skin. “Thank you, Merlin. It seems quite lovely – I suppose.” But he can’t say if he’ll actually go. If he can make the right choice, and it twists in his gut with an excited zeal far too strong to resist; he no longer feels tired and worn from his travels.

She extends her muzzle, and he supposes the polite thing is to tap her muzzle back. Cassius hesitates, not one for physical contact. But he pushes back his own discomfort for the sake of the girl’s customs. Extending his muzzle, and brushing briefly. Drawing back, he takes in her offer. His eyes are clouded with thoughts, clearly etched in the way his brow stiffens and his lips tighten so very briefly.

The stallion is about to answer, but another joins their gathering. His tail twitches, swaying more often as he moved back to accommodate them. Placing a quiet, tempered smile upon his features; he can’t let them know how overwhelming all of this was.

But the effort is lost when he sets his eyes on the mare’s companion. “Oh my… That is truly remarkable!” Stepping into Helovia was like stepping into one big candy shop.  So much to choose from, not enough lifetimes to taste. “Nimue was it? And… Tia-mat.” Respectfully the stallion bows in greetings. “I hope I pronounced that correctly?” She carries the ocean with her, he can smell it; salt, and what must be the seaweed that threads through her hair.

So begins her offer. Something about her tone captivates the young stallion. And he can’t quite distinguish if its faked or genuine, but it’s real and it’s something he desires. He smiles warmly as she finishes, nodding.

Cassius takes a careful, measured inhale. Casting his gaze between those who have joined with him. And breathing out quietly as his thoughts crinkled his brows, and gave a weight to his gaze. He speaks without thinking, his heart leading his voice without a second thought.

“Truly… I- I am most grateful for your offers. It must be such a gamble here… in a place like this.” Gestures to the forests, where he can hear murmurs now and then, muddled scents saturated in the air. The gray stallion can’t help but press his side into the tree he stood beside. “I hope you don’t find offence. But I wish to accompany you Tiamat. To the Basin.”

@Tiamat    - sorry, had to move this along, and to the Basin!

Messages In This Thread
Refuge - [open] - by Cassius - 09-11-2016, 12:52 AM
RE: Refuge - [open] - by Tilney - 09-11-2016, 08:58 AM
RE: Refuge - [open] - by Cassius - 09-11-2016, 05:26 PM
RE: Refuge - [open] - by Kiada - 09-11-2016, 09:16 PM
RE: Refuge - [open] - by Tilney - 09-17-2016, 05:19 AM
RE: Refuge - [open] - by Cassius - 10-30-2016, 12:38 AM
RE: Refuge - [open] - by Merlin - 11-13-2016, 03:22 PM
RE: Refuge - [open] - by Tiamat - 11-13-2016, 05:48 PM
RE: Refuge - [open] - by Cassius - 11-21-2016, 05:41 AM
RE: Refuge - [open] - by Tiamat - 11-21-2016, 10:01 AM