the Rift

[OPEN] Much to learn

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
ULRIK the ENGINEER

Ulrik had needed to leave the Dragon's Throat for some time. Being trapped on that damn island was getting old, and he had been grateful when the large, winged one had opened the gate for them in such a strange state. The Engineer hadn't questioned the gift at all. Instead, he had taken his son and pushed the both of them to the middle of Helovia. Though he wouldn't claim to be the greatest father, he knew that Amalrik didn't have the privilege of growing up with a leader for a mother in one of the most well protected herds: the Aurora Basin.

Rikyn had a good upbringing there until he had followed his bitch of a mother to fuck knows where. Ulrik would be damned if anyone took Amalrik from him. No more of his sons would disappear from his sight again until they were of an appropriate age. Say what you will about his personality and parenting, but Ulrik was a protective father. He would do everything in his power to be a good one - as good as he could be given his unique mind.

Fortunately, Amalrik was easy to entertain. The child was bright and quiet, and so they traveled in comfortable silence as his young eyes took in the world around him. Better that he see all this map now. The more information he had, the safer he would be.

The boy's voice reached his ears and he tilted one down, listening and looking out of the corner of his bronze eye. "I didn't have a particular place in mind," he rumbled in return. "Here was my first goal. This is the Thistle Meadow," Ulrik explained gruffly, continuing to walk as he explained how the map of Helovia was laid out. "This meadow has a river running through it - which you can follow north to south. It's more or less in the center and runs between two other herdlands: the World's Edge to the west and the Falls to the east."

The boy spoke again, and he immediately halted, patiently waiting for his son to catch his breath. "We can stop here," he agreed, putting his nose down into the grass. "I think I will take you to the World's Edge. You can see how this herd works very differently. If you still want, we can visit the Aurora Basin last, since I have little interest in going back."

Credits: Image by LyrebirdBlue @ DA

(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
Much to learn - by Amalrik - 09-11-2016, 12:59 PM
RE: Much to learn - by Ulrik - 09-11-2016, 01:08 PM
RE: Much to learn - by Rikyn - 09-13-2016, 07:47 AM