the Rift

[OPEN] I go out walking after midnight

Kvasir Posts: 25
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 2 years
Adoptable

The day started out innocently enough. I had just arrived back in this wonderful land, after months being abroad. Mother needed to leave, and well, she wasn't quiet ready to return yet. I could understand. Over the tall sun mother had finally told me, about everything. My birth, and Vidar. It explained her distance. It was hard, and she had to take breaks in telling me because she broke down...

It shed a lot of light on everything, down to the deep stuff, like how I always felt like a big piece of me was missing. I had had a twin... But he died. Learning that had hurt, more than mother might have thought, but watching her go through the pain of the memory again was especially hard, and while she wasn't the best mother I loved her, and I know she loved me in her own way.

But soon I was ready to come back. We had parted ways and she had promised to return. When, I wasn't sure. But now I was here. I wanted to find dad, and tell him of my adventures. I had wandered down to the Deep Forrest in search of shelter, since I wasn't sure on returning to the Edge. Not yet... Soon.

As a clearing barely appeared in the foliage below I swooped, and less than gracefully (I still needed practice) fanned my wings and landed. The first thing to hit my nose was blood. My nostrils flared and ears perked forward immediately, and morbid curiosity drove me further. As I neared, dread filled my stomach like lead. It smelled wrong... Familiar.... So close to my own musky scent... As I emerged I saw two mares.... But I wasn't really looking at them. I was looking into the face of my father.

"Dad?"

The words caught in my throat. Shock radiated throughout my body, and all I could wonder was... Why?

This was not how it was supposed to be.

Our reunion was supposed to be happy, filled with joy... After my long months traveling I was supposed to come home to you dad, I wanted to live with you, in the Throat. We were gonna be pals.... You weren't supposed to leave me.

As it sunk in, steam began to steadily rise from my coat, pain like I had never felt before started to stab at my heart, tears welled up and drizzled down my face, my wings sank to the mossy floor. I managed to tear my eyes away to look to the black and gold mare, then to the grey. Something else registering, something they had said. I needed to grasp onto it. It was all I had right now, to distract me.

My eyes returned to the mare curled around dad... Another one. He was going to be a dad again. But he wasn't here anymore... "I have another sibling?" It is whispered... Soft, sad... Sad, because they would never meet dad. Dad never met Vidar, and he wouldn't meet this one either. Carefully I stepped closer to the mourning hybrid, eyes not looking into her face but at her stomach, almost as if I expected her to become round and fully pregnant then and there. It was at that moment, I decided I would protect that child with everything I had. My whole being... Dad would have wanted that.

"Talk."

Kvasir
mama, just killed a man
put a gun against his head
pulled my trigger, now he's dead
mama, life had just begun
but now i've gone and thrown it all away
mama, ooo
didn't mean to make you cry

Notes:
[color=#000000][size=x-small][font=monospace]

I just had to, I'm sorry. Character development and so. I figured it a good way to learn some new things and learn of other family besides the ones on Glacia's side.

@Ranjiri @Sohalia
[Image: 56a07107f15a9]

Messages In This Thread
I go out walking after midnight - by Rhoa - 09-11-2016, 07:20 PM
RE: I go out walking after midnight - by NPC - 09-11-2016, 07:30 PM
RE: I go out walking after midnight - by Ranjiri - 09-29-2016, 01:35 PM
RE: I go out walking after midnight - by Sohalia - 09-29-2016, 08:18 PM
RE: I go out walking after midnight - by Kvasir - 10-06-2016, 06:10 PM
RE: I go out walking after midnight - by Ranjiri - 10-11-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: I go out walking after midnight - by Sohalia - 11-04-2016, 09:48 AM