the Rift

[OPEN] I go out walking after midnight

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri
{
"Grief never ends, but it changes. Its a passage, not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith. It is the price of love."
There was never any time to grieve properly, and as I laid there on the ground next to Rhoa's body I could hear someone approaching. For a moment I hoped that it was the same thing that had killed Rhoa so it could take me, too, because I was so tired of losing everyone that I loved. Then I hoped that whatever it was would keep walking and leave me alone because I couldn't die -- not when I had Rhoa's child to bring into the world, nurture, and love because he couldn't. But it was just a mare -- pure white and beautiful and in the seconds that I looked at her I could swear that her grief mirrored my own.

I had to look away.

I shut my eyes to try and staunch the flow of tears and I laid my neck across Rhoa's and silently prayed that he would suddenly take a breath. That he would suddenly be alive and just need to be healed, but his body only grew colder as the last of his blood drained onto the ground around us. "You're pregnant?" I heard the other mare whisper and I answered in a whisper of my own, "Yes." I took a shaky breath and continued. "I never got to tell him."

"I have another sibling?"

This made me lift my head and I looked at the child --Rhoa's child -- that was standing not too far away and wondered when he had gotten there. How long had he been there? Had he been there before me? I blinked slowly and nodded my head in answer. Rhoa had never spoken of his child with me, but I had known that there was one out there. I had never thought that I'd be meeting him while we were both grieving Rhoa's death. I shifted my weight and extended my wing in an attempt to invite the child to my side to grieve with me.

"."

Credits

@Sohalia @Kvasir

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
I go out walking after midnight - by Rhoa - 09-11-2016, 07:20 PM
RE: I go out walking after midnight - by NPC - 09-11-2016, 07:30 PM
RE: I go out walking after midnight - by Ranjiri - 09-29-2016, 01:35 PM
RE: I go out walking after midnight - by Sohalia - 09-29-2016, 08:18 PM
RE: I go out walking after midnight - by Kvasir - 10-06-2016, 06:10 PM
RE: I go out walking after midnight - by Ranjiri - 10-11-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: I go out walking after midnight - by Sohalia - 11-04-2016, 09:48 AM