the Rift

[OPEN] strangers just passing along

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

Things seemed to actually be going fairly well, even though I still hadn't quite made my way over to the Edge yet. The nerves of finally seeing my twin again after so long, after all that had happened to our family, it was going to be strange. Probably even a little uncomfortable, I wasn't ready to let go of the little bit of joy that was circulating through my blood stream just yet. So I was avoiding the once sparkling glass border with everything in my being, and the kite was growing more and more irritated with me as the seconds ticked by. "I promise I'll go tomorrow night. But tonight I want to see the Rotunda again." I promised the kite mentally as he swooped down from one of the branches he had settled on to find his perch on my hips, one of the many places littered with scars from his sharp talons, all of the nerve endings there numbed from the constant sticking.

There was no sound from the bird of prey other than his feathers ruffling against each other as he settled in for a nap while I traveled closer and closer to the beautiful, strange building that had the multi colored glass that I had only been able to fully enjoy through the eyes of Edison. As much of an asshole as he could be, I was thankful for him and his willingness to work with my...disability. I sighed as dark rimmed ears flicked back, moon eyes working to the best of their ability during our midnight adventure it didn't take too long to find the familiar path to the cobbled building.

A smile flittered across my slightly dished features (a gift from my mother) as I approached the destination, only to be distracted from my thoughts by the sound of a familiar voice over the gentle fall breeze. "Pretty." My tarnished crown shifted to look at the speaker, only for monochrome eyes to settle upon a familiar spotted frame. Frost Fyre a face I recognized from my days in the Basin when I was younger, before I had gone into hiding after becoming a murderer. It seemed she too had a companion, her's a stag nearly as large as she was, an impressive duo the two made.

"Go talk, she sad." Edison's creaky voice slipped into my subconscious as the mare dipped her tiara towards the creek, her eyes (green if I remembered right) searching her features for something. "Fine, fine." A shudder passed over my bloody pelt to irritate the kite a little for pushing me towards being more social than I had intended. Silky black strands smacked at my hips as ebony and ivory dipped limbs moved closer to the spotted mare, careful to step on a stone or a twig as I moved closer to make my presence known. "Frost Fyre, it's been a while." Deep vocals broke the sound of crickets chirping when I stopped a step or two away from my childhood friend, I wondered if she would remember me. I hadn't done a good job at keeping myself known in the Basin...or anywhere for that matter until recently.

"Speech" text
ROUX & EDISON
couldn't say I love you,
so I became heartless.

image credits | @Frost Fyre | <3
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla

Messages In This Thread