[OPEN] Scratched the Surface

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

if we're fucked up
you're to blame

I waited.

But it wasn't long before the sound of another approaching beyond the slowly shattering wall reached my ink dipped ears, causing them to flick forward and my monochromatic gaze to settle upon the ghost-like creature's movements. I watched carefully as she limped closer, wings as pale as the clouds on a bright blue sky tucked in close to her sides, nearly distracting me from the curling twin towers that sprung from her forehead. Yet another one. My blood curdled at the thought of breeding with one with wings, but it seemed my brothers or sisters weren't being quite so choosy about who they bedded any longer. The limp that stunted her strides made me curious as to if that was a birth defect from the impure DNA that ran through her body, or if there was some kind of accident. "You aren't one to judge, boy. Would you be able see if sun was up?" Any snarky remark I could think of to throw back at the bird of prey nestled on my withers was cut short by the arrival of the pale bird.

"Hello? Did you call just now?" As she drew closer I noticed that the dove not only sported her twin towers but a set of curved horns that brushed against her jaw bones just as pale and surreal as the rest of her. "Welcome to the Edge. I'm Erthë...Are you looking for someone?" A polite smile squirmed it's way across my features as the welcoming committee finished her little speech, ivory topped crown dipping low in a greeting, and when I rose back to my usual stance there stood a black and white bird who had a charming smile splattered across her pretty face. Her attention seemed to be on the younger mare for a second before kind (motherly?) eyes turned to settle upon my own bloodied frame.

"I'm Alysanne. We'd be happy to assist you in anyway we can." I smiled again as the kite shifted on my withers, taking off to settle on a pane of broken glass where he could keep a better eye on the events at hand unless he needed to intrude on my awkwardness. "It's a pleasure Lady Erthë and Lady Alysanne. I am Roux, formerly of the Aurora Basin." I shifted ever so slightly with discomfort at the mention of where I once belonged, it felt as if it had been so long ago when my family was actually still a family and not a mess nearly as shattered as the wall I stood alongside. Clearing my throat I shifted moon eyes towards the ghostly dove and nodded ever so slightly. "Mauja told me I could find my brother, Sacre, here. He's black with a red patch on his side...travels with a fox companion. Have you seen him?" "Easy boy...get a home before you start the third degree." The kite scolded me internally as I looked between the two mares who welcomed me so warmly in the middle of this chilly night.

"I was also looking to take up a position as a medic here, if that would be plausible." I finished speaking, wishing my vocal chords would stop moving before I could continue to ramble on like some kind of fool. Hopefully one of these two were someone with the ability to bring a new member into the family, otherwise I would have to deal with someone I'm sure would be less than pleasant at this time of night.

"talk talk talk"

image credits
@Alysanne & @Erthë & open
e.e sorry this took me so long guys
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla

Messages In This Thread
Scratched the Surface - by Roux - 09-13-2016, 09:59 AM