the Rift

Catch me if you can

Sarah Posts: 7
Junior Administrator
Mare :: Equine :: 5'6'' :: 26
Sarah
I'm nothing compared to you, --- Bellisma is tiny compared to Volterra's massive size
+1 - height ref | makes sense!

Contrasted takes' crop. --- This is synonym soup! History ref; Volterra is the product of two parents with vastly different views of the world
0 - I found this very confusing, even with the reveal, and don't think it was a strong enough clue

You're nothing but a welterweight, simi, --- Google search of "welterweight, simi" comes up with War Machine as the 3rd result - Volterra is described as a war machine in the first paragraph of his appearance.
-1 - appearance ref | Like Odd, War Machine wasn’t one of the results that comes up on my google search and welterweight also had me looking for a lighter built character

And I've escaped worse.
I may not be much,
But at least I know who I am. --- Contrasting "When he's angry, he loses all sense of self", found in the second paragraph of his personality.
+1 - personality ref | yup!

As elusive as an elf, --- elusive = synonym to volatile, one of Volterra's admitted flaws
-1 - personality ref | the word elusive suggests a very different personality than Volterra has, despite being synonyms with volatile there's definitely a different connotation that goes with it that makes this clue misleading.

As fickle as the fae. --- fickle = another chance to catch the synonym to volatile
-1 - personality ref | same as above.

You and yours will be mine this day. --- companion ref; Volterra has two dragons
+1 - companion ref | yup!

You may be wondering why
Lil ol' me would come after anything
But not all with feathers may fly, --- Volterra has feathers around his feet thanks to his Shire lineage
+1 - appearance ref | yup! Definitely something I was looking for with this clue

And not all birds can sing.

1/3 is a fail from me as well