the Rift

[OPEN] homecoming

Asteria Posts: 6
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3
Viola
They have been walking for a long while, and although usually by now Asteria's muscles would be aching, she doesn't feel a thing. All she can feel is pure excitement and nervousness creeping into her. She hadn't realized it before, but she had been so lonely wandering by herself for a year. When your only company is the voice inside your head, anyone would go mad. How would the others react to her though? She wondered how big this herd was. What if they jeered at her for not having trained in months? What if they found her to be weird, or unacceptable in some way? Volterra had mentioned magic a while back. Was she expected to know more about it? Her head suddenly feels like it is going to explode and her stomach starts flipping over itself. She starts to wonder if this is the right thing. It sure feels right to her, but when has her intuition been more correct than her judgement?

She is brought out of her twisted thoughts as Volterra  asks her what she thinks. She pricks her ears and finally takes in the land surrounding her. She is breathtaken. The dense trees are not present as they were back in the Threshold. He points out to an island and she cannot believe her eyes. She has never seen water so vast! Sure, she's seen small lakes and ponds but never something like this! They are walking through sand now, and although there is no canopy, the sun's warmth doesn't bother her.

"This place is beautiful! I never imagined I'd ever be living somewhere like this! Thank you Volterra." At this moment, she is eternally grateful to the stallion. This fresh start is the best thing that she could have imagined for herself. She has no regrets now. When I meet the herd members, I will be confident. I will be myself. She could now feel her worries being replaced by hope.

@Volterra

Messages In This Thread
homecoming - by Volterra - 09-16-2016, 12:48 PM
RE: homecoming - by Asteria - 09-17-2016, 07:31 AM
RE: homecoming - by Sikeax - 09-18-2016, 11:34 AM
RE: homecoming - by Volterra - 09-24-2016, 11:18 AM