the Rift

[OPEN] Become thy wisdom}

Bathsheba Posts: 45
Outcast
Filly :: Hybrid :: 16.3 hh :: II years
Kansas
Some part of me hoped that when help came, it would be in the form of some divine, ethereal being - if that is what Gods looked like. Instead it came in the plummeting body of a woman, a pegasus whose wings stretched easily across the sky. Pale white eyes watched her progress with barely veiled disappointment before it transitioned into something more akin to distrust. Had she been younger and draped in snowy white, I might have looked up with more welcome. Or maybe I was slowly becoming bitter of my companion leaving me alone in this deserted wilderness, nothing but a wide swath of water and cactus to keep me company. "Sweetheart, are you alright?", her voice reached out, soft but heavy with some emotion I did not bother to decipher.

"I'm-" my voice sounded rough, parched, even to me "I'm okay, I'm... I'm lost... just lost" Suddenly I did not want to tell her, I did not want to reveal my weakness to another stranger, one that might not be so kind. I turned my body in a stumble, hoping to hide the fading grey, green marks of my shame from view. The bruise had healed considerably in the days journey it took to get here, leaving only the superficial ugliness that came from being bumped one too many times. The pain I could not account for, in fact I could not confidently say it belonged solely to my bruise anymore, it seemed to permeate every part of me. The woman continued to move closer, and although her actions were gentle and made out of obvious caution, I wanted nothing more than to scuttle away.

My legs refused to budge, skinny, willowy pillars that had firmly rooted themselves in the sand, knees knocking and ankles struggling. Then the mare was screaming, forcing me to bring my head down toward my chest, ears folding into the black silk of my mane. It did not take but a few minutes before another equine trumpeted in response, I glanced up in time to see the landing of yet another pegasus, this one was male, his bulk thicker and legs wider. This time I did move, scrambling backward, narrowly avoiding an accident over one of the cactus that inhabited this area. "N- No! No I can't, I can't!" I cried, terror latching firmly onto my tongue, making it impossible to truly express how I felt in words. I could not... I could not focus, everything was spinning and my head felt light, airy. Thoughts were jumbling together into a mushed up mess, I could... could not... (No!)

It was easy for the stallion to maneuver me onto his back, legs spread unnaturally across the curve of his barrel, the soft feathers of his wings tickling the back of my knees. I was not sure what was actually happening, only that a feeling of weightlessness struck me, it was like someone stepping on my chest pressing as hard as they could. In a way I was thankful that everything was spinning, slowly becoming more and more difficult to see as pain throbbed down every nerve and clenched through every muscle. By the time I caught a glimpse of what might have been grass, I had closed my eyes, and fallen asleep.

"Talk."

ooc - honestly I'm surprised my poor baby lasted this long ;A; you're welcome to pp her however you wish until my next turn c: also, I haven't spoken to anyone about Sikeax joining this thread? If you want her here you might have to tag her, but I'm not sure so... >.>
@Amani @Hector
hear me cry,
you've burnt my pride

image | coding

Messages In This Thread
Become thy wisdom} - by Bathsheba - 09-18-2016, 06:34 PM
RE: Become thy wisdom} - by Amani - 09-19-2016, 09:55 PM
RE: Become thy wisdom} - by Hector - 09-19-2016, 10:10 PM
RE: Become thy wisdom} - by Bathsheba - 09-20-2016, 05:15 PM
RE: Become thy wisdom} - by Sikeax - 09-23-2016, 01:56 PM
RE: Become thy wisdom} - by Amani - 09-29-2016, 09:41 PM
RE: Become thy wisdom} - by Bathsheba - 10-15-2016, 09:04 PM