the Rift

there are no men like me

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

The earthen mare moved easily into the threshold, a place she rarely ever went. It was only the obligatory nature of her new found role that had guided her this way in the first time. That, and the hundred unseen eyes of her Father, peering at her from every woodland beast and billow of the wind, reminding her that not for the second time in her life, she he had imposed his will upon her. Was it not enough that she had been born into this life of servitude, a slave whose sole function was to bring balance to Helovia? Apparently not, for now the jurisdiction of the Hidden Falls was hers as well. 

And so here she was, in the Threshold. A place of manditory and often awkward conversations. Of recruiting. The notion of trying to persuade anyone to live in the falls was a requirement that she wore nearly as poorly as her new title: Czarina. But call her what you liked, Isopia much preferred being known only as The Mountain that Knows. Few new her real time (which was how she liked it). What business was it of theirs, what her rank was? If her words alone could not stand on their own, what use an arbitrary monicker of power? 

At her side, a bronzey dragon glided through the trees. Hubris was much more cheerful than his bonded, and exuberantly encouraged her to enjoy this new part of her role. Wasn't she excited to meet others? Didn't she enjoy the change of pace?

No and no.

With her red cape dragging behind her, the massive mare moved deftly through the trees. Vaguely ahead she could hear a voice, and, as she got closer, could hear the end of what was likely a self-monologue. ....a prince, a whore...

"You'll find many of each of those here." She casually observed, her voice its usual academic monotone. Isopia's bright golden stare regarded the stallion with a sterile interest. "But few who are both." She concluded, almost sounding pleased at this new observed-nugget of information. 

The more polite of the two, Hubris landed upon the grass a few paces away from where Isopia stood. His bright blue eyes looked up at the stranger, and he offered a trill and a wave of his clawed hand in greeting. 

The longer the demi-goddess stood still, the more her magic acted upon her massive frame. Grasses and mosses began to grow up from the ground, wrapping themselves around her long legs, and making it seem as though she was grown from the earth itself. Which, in a way, she was. 

Isopia
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
there are no men like me - by Tommen - 09-21-2016, 04:01 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Isopia - 09-21-2016, 04:14 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Tommen - 09-21-2016, 05:54 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Isopia - 09-21-2016, 06:28 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Tommen - 09-21-2016, 10:26 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Isopia - 09-22-2016, 11:16 AM
RE: there are no men like me - by Tommen - 09-25-2016, 11:39 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Isopia - 09-26-2016, 10:31 AM