there are no men like me

Tommen Posts: 12
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.0
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 6 yrs HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Illumia
TOMMEN
there are no men like me
*tommen has not yet lost his leg
The first glimmer of interest was shown in the dip of the red-clad woman's head and the approval he heard in her voice, as if she were surprised that he could offer some level of wit. Oh, she has no idea. He thought, finally removing his eyes from the moving earth and instead settling them on the stranger. Gold met gold; two clashes of similar coloration and yet belonging to such different people. He had never been much of an eye-reader; he didn't believe in the whole 'reading emotions from the eyes of others' nonsense. It was poetic when written, sure, but the true spectrum of feelings he could tell from others was much more limited. And yet, looking into the stranger's eyes, he felt the two of them connect, if only for a brief moment.

He could also tell the moment they disconnected. She seemed confused by his words, and he found himself jostled in return, wondering if he should leave the situation before it escalated. She mirrored his stamping motion, and Tommen wondered if she was even conscious that she had been causing the earth itself to move. How, he wondered, could someone just forget about abilities like those. If he had a power like that, he would flaunt it at every step.

Her mysterious answer made him snort sarcastically. He had begun to form a witty reply when he noticed the shapes shifting into existence behind her. The earth and water moved, weaving itself into intricate forms, both vaguely reptilian. It was clear, now, that this mare possessed some sort of incredible magic inside her. He flicked his tail in response, now considerably impressed and no longer trying to hide it. "I don't know if I should be awed or terrified." He remarked with a smirk.

At this point, he had resolved that if he was to die today, at least he would be murdered by a striking woman with a penchant for making the earth shift. He could tell stories once he reached hell; Oh, you were killed by old age? Well I was murdered by a dragon made of rocks. Then again, if he took a misstep and his new acquaintance decided to strangle him with a blade of grass, it would make for a much less entertaining story.

He resolved not to attempt to clarify his earlier, misunderstood question, lest it lead to a further loop of confusion on either of their parts. Tommen had never been of particular intelligence; his skill had been more in the sword then with knowledge. He was not surprised that his questions could be misunderstood. It was clear from her reactions, event to him, that they were people of truly different worlds. And Tommen had just entered hers.

At least I did a good job of getting truly lost. He thought. Where was he, then? Beyond the kingdoms he was familiar with for sure. Here, the magic was clearly much stronger.  He glanced around, wondering, before speaking again. "So, female tribrid," he made a point of emphasizing the last two mocking syllables, "Where are you from?" He hated himself for the hidden meaning of the question; he had spent too long meddling in his father's politics. Though he knew he sounded inquisitive, in truth he was selfishly hoping to find shelter and rest now that he had somehow stumbled upon another equine. There was only so long, after all, that he could stand sleeping outside on the dirty ground. Though, there was true curiosity behind the question; he had never been a good liar, after all. "Where are you from, that this kind of magic exists?"

please tag tommen.

Messages In This Thread
there are no men like me - by Tommen - 09-21-2016, 04:01 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Isopia - 09-21-2016, 04:14 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Tommen - 09-21-2016, 05:54 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Isopia - 09-21-2016, 06:28 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Tommen - 09-21-2016, 10:26 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Isopia - 09-22-2016, 11:16 AM
RE: there are no men like me - by Tommen - 09-25-2016, 11:39 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Isopia - 09-26-2016, 10:31 AM
RE: there are no men like me - by Tommen - 09-26-2016, 03:32 PM