the Rift

there are no men like me

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

If only mind reading was one of her secret talents, Isopia might have told the iron-coloured stranger that indeed she could become a dragon. Not composed of rocks, but superheating the stones around her draconian shape might help with the imagery that he had created in his mind. Alas she could not, and so she continued to wear only her red cape and pauldron, rather than donning one of the other bodies that she possessed.

I don't know if I should be awed or terrified The demi-goddess' objective, unwavering stare returned the stallion's gaze with an indifferent one, as if to say That isn't for me to decide. And it wasn't. Very rarely were Isopia's actions meant to intimidate, and just as rarely were they meant to impress.

Isopia either didn't notice, or wasn't bothered by the mocking tone (it was the latter) he used to annunciate the word tribrid, and so her response was unfettered by any sort of indication that she was offended his tone.

"I was born in these lands." She began, simply. Then, realizing that perhaps he might understand these lands as literally being the Threshold, she corrected herself. "I was born in the World's Edge, and have since relocated to the Hidden Falls." Where I shall stay until death or my father drags my body away she thought grimly. She was tethered to those hidden and hallowed woods now and forever, whether she liked it or not. "Magic runs rampant through Helovia, however." She concluded with a gentle exhale.

"If you have come to this place, and are surprised by the magic you see, then I assume you are not from here." Isopia's ever logical mind could almost be heard to click as each of these logical leaps were made inside of her brain. "You may leave this place unbound to any one herd, though many chose to join rather that remaining as an outcast. Though the rainy season has only just begun, Frostfall will soon blanket Helovia with snow, and if only for survival's sake, it is better to belong to a herd." The demigoddess paused for a moment, thinking. What information would one knew to this world need to know, in order to make an informed decision about what to do? He had no basis on which to believe anything that she had to say (though she had no reason to lie either).

"There are four prominent herds here, their lands established by the four deities who reign supreme. The World's Edge is a herd who dwells primarily in the fog-shrouded cliffs and mountains to the far east, and abide under the Goddess of the Moon. The Dragon's Throat to the South is primarily a herd of pegasi who live on an island covered with blood red sands, ruled over by the God of the Sun. The Aurora Basin, populated by Unicorns, lives far to the north in a snowy mountainscape. The God of the Spark watches over them." Isopia paused, feeling a sense of awkwardness fall over her knowing that it was now time to mention the Hidden Falls. Was it because she felt some bizarre nepotism, that she, daughter of the God who breathed those lands into life, was now, in some regard, trying to persuade this stranger of its merits? Though she wasn't, really. It wasn't nothing to her if he chose the Falls over the other three, or even if he chose a solitary life. And yet hadn't her Father just imparted the importance of growing and cultivating the Falls? Wasn't that why she had been removed from her rank as oracle and storyteller, and promoted to queen? To Czarina?

A breath. She hated obligations.

"Finally there are the Hidden Falls , just to the East of us and closest to this place. A land of dense forests and waterfalls, watched over by the God of the Earth."

Isopia
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
there are no men like me - by Tommen - 09-21-2016, 04:01 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Isopia - 09-21-2016, 04:14 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Tommen - 09-21-2016, 05:54 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Isopia - 09-21-2016, 06:28 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Tommen - 09-21-2016, 10:26 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Isopia - 09-22-2016, 11:16 AM
RE: there are no men like me - by Tommen - 09-25-2016, 11:39 PM
RE: there are no men like me - by Isopia - 09-26-2016, 10:31 AM