the Rift

[PRIVATE] eight legs to the wall

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

V O L T E R R A
HE SAYS "OH BABY GIRL, DON'T GET CUT ON MY EDGES
I'M THE KING OF EVERYTHING AND MY TONGUE IS A WEAPON"

The sea water laps against his legs, matting his foot-feathers against the stout mass of his fetlocks. A gentle ocean breeze ruffles the thick mass of his mane, and sends a wave of spray against the thick muscles of his arched neck. He stands still, silent and stoic, simply staring out at the vast expense of roiling blue sea. What is out on that horizon, he wonders? There could be untold splendour there, reachable only by the gulls that screech and flock above his head; they disturb his silence with their wailing, and his ears pin crossly.

Their screeching intensifies as, with joyous bellows, the goliath's dragons dart amonst the fleeing feathery forms. They snap and bite at the flying lumps of meat, and Vadir happily barbecues one with a single blast from her gaping jaws. They circle and devour as many of the unfortunate flock as they can, until only a few precious stragglers manage to escape towards the setting sun in the far distance. Volterra emits a low chuckle as both red and gold plummet towards the sand with their kills held firmly in their mouths, feathers poking askew out of the corners of their scaled jaws and bits of blood and gore splattered against their proud faces.

He pays them little heed. His thoughts are elsewhere; they are with his herd (it still feels odd whenever he remembers that he has a herd now) and his numerous duties. His days are no longer his own; when he isn't sparring, he's recruiting, and when he isn't recruiting, he's patrolling. The behemoth has never been so busy, and so as another day dies on the blood-red horizon, he vows to simply relax in his own company.

That is why he stands, a colossal statue of blackened flesh and rigid muscle, staring aimlessly out to sea, whilst his dragons squabble and snap at each other over the tattered bits of seagull.

image credits

@Airlia

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Airlia Posts: 29
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 7 :Frostfall HP: 58.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Pare

Airlia

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"
Silver eyes gazed around as she wondered West. He had to be around her somewhere, or at least another attractive stud. Surely there was another one here somewhere. She smiled to herself as she cantered through the dark trees. She wanted to get away from the dark creepy place and find somewhere open and warmer. She took her time, pausing here and there. She wanted to look at everything that caught her interest. First was a pretty, yet prickly, field full of purple thistles. She looked at then smelled around and got a drink from the stream before moving on.

Next she found a pretty little grove with a lot of weeping willows and a romantic pond. She hung around imagining the massive black and white stallion striding towards her from under a tree. The sweeping branches flowing over his thick muscles and scared hide. She smiled at the thought then remember his horde of kids, and imagined the dragons burning the place down. Lowering her horned head the mare munched on some grass before moving on again.

Then she finally found the place she had been looking for; a beach. She paused her body quivering at the joy of being free. Her muscles were tense her head and tail held high as she looked out at the sea. Like a bolt of lightning the mare was off and running. Letting lose was something she hadn't even been allowed to do before. She bucked and squealed happily as she galloped over the sand. her sides were covered in sweat as she slowed to a playful prance. Her eyes caught sight of the stallion she had been looking for. She put on an extra playful and sexy prance. Her slender neck arched and her tail flicking out behind her. Instead of saying a word the mare circled him smirking playfully.
----------------------------------------
Words;; 309
OOC/Tags;; @Volterra sorry it kinda sucks xD
speaking

Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

V O L T E R R A

Amongst their feeding frenzy, the dragons spot a stranger approaching. A vivid red warning flashes down the bond into Volterra's mind, and he immediately tenses his bulking muscles in preparation for a possible ambush. He turns, ready to fight, but instead of being faced by a savage opponent intent on predating him from behind, he sees a very familiar and welcome face.

The mare has lingered on his mind since their previous meetings. Now he is a member of a herd, he has contemplated how he will work with the harem that he hopes to keep. He'd always imagined gathering a group of his mares and children and then moving into a herd (ideally with him ruling said herd), which is not what has happened. Of course, most of his children and their mothers reside in the Throat, but not all. He has no true allies, and fewer friends. He will need all of these if he is to rise to a throne, which is his eventual intention. Airlia, the enigmatic spider-painted mare, was his first recruit, and still remains a valuable part of his plans.

Her appearance, then, is a source of much delight. She is just as beautiful as he remembered, and his eyes roam freely across her as she circles him like a wolf around a deer. "Airlia," he rumbles, his voice like gravel dragged across rocks. "It is good to see you again. What have you been up to?" Volterra's head extends towards her, trying to touch her shoulder. The dragons huff and return to their feast.

image credits

@Airlia

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]

Pare

Airlia

She watched his massive ebony frame tense in aggression, and she assumes he was just waiting to get attacked. She laughed as she spoke, "Jumpy are we sweetheart?" She smirked even as his white painted head turned towards her. Her silver eyes watched the stallion curiously, "Are you afraid of someone? My poor big strong man, scared of shadows." She chuckled playfully was his eyes slipped over her body. Her own gaze slid over his looking for new scars or wounds, while she scented him from afar. He smelled of sand, and others, not just mare this time though.

His voice speaking her name sent a shiver through her lithe frame. "Volterra..." She breathed his name, as if it gave her a new purpose. She stops pacing around him and stands before him a calm smile on her tender lips. She watches him, listens to his words, savoring him. "I've been looking for you." She leaves it at that. She watches his muzzle wearily. Last time they had been together he had been all teeth. Now that he was offering a tender touch her walls were breaking. This was what she had wanted from him. Sure it was fun to fight back, to make him work for her, but gentleness was the key.

As his muzzle touched her shoulder she stepped forward, into his touch. Her slender neck reached out soft lips trying to touch his thick neck. A shiver coursed through her starting where he had touched her. Her voice was a whisper, "Where have you been handsome? I thought you where supposed to protect me..." 'That's right, lay it on thick, make him feel bad.' She wanted him to hurt the way she had when he had up and vanished. He was supposed to be watching her, keeping other stallions away. Yet, he had abandoned her, in the place she thought he called home. How long had she spent in those nasty dank woods waiting for him to show up?

Words;; 332
OOC/Tags;; @Volterra Horrible xD It's late, but I wanted to get something up for you
speaking

V O L T E R R A

Afraid of someone? The goliath's ears pin, his masculine pride prickled. "My dear, I am the thing that fear itself flees from," he rumbles, hulking each mammoth muscle just for good measure. He likes this woman, but he is a proud beast and will not have her think him a weakling - he is only too happy to prove otherwise. She is a tricky one, though. She is unafraid of insulting him, showing a distinct fearlessness in the face of somebody far larger than herself, someone who could easily lash out at the insult. It is perhaps foolhardy, but also to be admired.

His wounded, purring vanity retreats slightly at the coquettish way she says his name, however. It rasps in his ears like a melody, bidding each tense muscle to relax with a happy shudder. I've been looking for you. His mammoth head lifts, delighted that she's been actively seeking him out. Does that mean that she is as intrigued with him as he is with her? "Oh? I'm flattered, Airlia. You are in danger of inflating my...ego." For the first time he allows flirtation to slip into his voice, implying that his ego is not all she may inflate. It has been a while since he had a mare - he has his needs, and he's keen to see how far he can push his boundaries with her.

She reaches out to touch him, and he folds eagerly into her caress. He has always been touch-orientated, especially when a pretty woman is involved. Again his pride is prickled as she asks where he was, as though he has neglected his duties - again he puffs up like a courting peacock. "Has something happened? Has somebody tried to hurt you?" If so....he will destroy them. She is his, even if he has not yet bedded her, and the idea of another man touching her....he will not allow it.

Perhaps he has been neglectful, given his recent movement into the Throat, but he vows that it will not happen again. He will keep an eye on her from now on - she is the first member of a harem that will, one day, rule Helovia.

image credits

@Airlia

Pare

Airlia

Laughter spills form her lips as his ebony ears touch his skull. His words are expected, men are very predictable sometimes. Silver gaze roves languidly over each muscle he flexes. He is a slab of breathing obsidian. Her heart picks up speed as he moves. Time seems to slow as she basks in masculinity. Her neck arches in response to his show of power. She knows if he could snap her like a twig, if he could catch her that is. Her lithe body, and royal bloodline, give her an edge though. She could out run him easily, if it came to that. Something told her should wouldn't have to do that anytime soon. All she had to do was turn her tail to him and smile sweetly.

The spider girl is only slightly disappointing when his muscles ease and he rumbles again. His voice holds something new for her though, a tint of sweetness. Her ears flicker slightly at the strange tone. Her own voice is a low purr, "I was only joking sweetheart, but I have no issue stroking your ego." She smiles softly her eyes tender as she watches him. When her muzzle reaches for him he lays his cards on the table. She knows then; knows what she will do. He was looking at the web, but she was slowly drawing him into her silk. Now it was time to wrap him in a cocoon to be stored for later.

She attempts to run her lips lightly over his scared neck tracing down the muscles to his shoulder. A breathy chuckle leaves her lips as her words work their magic. He puffs up and she smiles careful to keep her lips from his skin until it disappears once more. She is sure if he found out about her games and schemes there would be repercussions. "No, nothing happened, but I have been avoiding others just in case. I don't mean to be so nosy, I was just worried about you." She heaves a deep sigh her sides quivering with the forced effort. "I've been so lonely since you left." In her head she plans out her moves keeping her face soft with a touch of sadness. 'Not to thick now Arlia.'

Words;; 375
OOC/Tags;; @Volterra
speaking

V O L T E R R A

What is it about this woman? She is so....alluring, a silver-tongued temptress, a slender stream of webbed beauty. She is remarkably attractive, there's no doubt about that, but Helovia has no shortage of attractive women - so what is it that makes this one so captivating to him?

Perhaps it is because she does not seem swayed by his masculinity, nor daunted by his obvious attempts to seduce her. Perhaps it is because she is making him wait, and that she seems to have the wit to go toe to toe with him. Whilst not a scholar himself, it appeals to Volterra's inner beast to surround himself with more intellectual women, the brains to his brawn. He likes to know that he is physically superior to a woman, even if he is not mentally so - the exception being Isopia, who was blessed with great wit and great power. Thinking about her makes the leviathan's chest hurt, so he swiftly forces her from his mind to focus on Airlia.

Whatever it is that she uses to trap him so delightfully, it makes him crave the notion of having her as part of his harem. He is like a magpie, a collector of pretty things, and she is quite ravishing. He is unaware that he is allowing himself to be drawn into her web; his arrogance blinds him to that fact, ensuring that he thinks it is he that is controlling their conversations.

Her muzzle caresses the thick contours of his neck and he leans joyously into it, feeling the familiar shiver of desire flutter through the flesh that she touches. She confesses her loneliness, and the stallion releases a long, low sigh. "It was not my intention to abandon you, Airlia, yet I have had certain matters to attend to." An eager swish of the tail; he wonders how she will take this news. "I have joined the Dragon's Throat as its Gladiator. Being part of a herd so soon was not part of the plans I had set down for myself, for us - but it has its advantages." Without having to worry so much about his survival on his own, the black colossus can focus more on his plans, his machinations, his ideas. He can continue to hone his body and his battle skills ready for when he seizes the crown he so desires. "Would you care to join me there? Your company would certainly liven the place up, and you know how I like to keep my women close." The possession in his voice is clear to hear; it is the first time he has mentioned the notion of her being his, and a frisson of excitement spreads down his spine at how she will take the words.

image credits

@Airlia

Pare

Airlia

The mare smiles at her stallion wondering what he is thinking about as they stand together. Does he really care, or is she a just another conquest. Unbroken silver eyes watch the stallion curiously for a moment as she ponders what he could be thinking. 'Are all stallions like him?' Her horned head tilts slightly at the thought. She knows there are many other men out there, in this land an others, but she wants no other. Her heart is set on this one. If she were not so naive maybe she would realize he would never just be hers. Then she would realize there are some that would love only her and she would not have to compete with so many others. But she is young and stupid.

As she touches his neck the mare finds a strange fire growing in her. This, being her first encounter with a man, during this time of month has no idea what is driving her on wards. Of course she knows how foals are made, but had never been informed it was mostly likely to happen she felt like this. Her body shifted to that of a more open stance. The mare let her instincts guide her. This one time couldn't hurt, right?

His sigh causes her ears to prick up slightly. Everything he says seems to come in a rush, but one word sticks; us. Her heart races and she lifts her eyes to look at him. 'Us?' Butterflies wrestle around in her stomach as everything he said settles in. He holds a position in a herd, that was good for them. It was a start to having a real title, again. Then he offers her a home there, with him. She is so caught up in the joy of him wanting her to live with him she misses the, 'my women' part.

Sweat pops on her skin and broad genuine smile slides all over her features. "Yes Volterra, of course I will come live with you." Her voice is husky with her longing. It's crazy to think she had run away from a home to be free but found another one. Unable to contain herself any longer the mare smirks. Stepping forward she rubs her slender body over his thick one. She is ready to give herself up to him. Now that he has claimed her like she claimed him, she deems it acceptable.

Words;; 404
OOC/Tags;; @Volterra Feel free to fade to black
speaking

V O L T E R R A

It is perhaps a sign of his newfound self-control that he only now notices the delicious heat-smell wafting from her. A few seasons ago, the first whiff of that heady aroma would have had him hunting Helovia high and low for its source, but he has tried to train himself to grow less addicted to the woman-scent that mares love to parade. Exercising such control over himself has been far harder than any battle he's ever fought, but he has come out the other side feeling much stronger and much more able to resist the allure of the other species.

Or so he told himself. Now that he can smell it on Airlia, all his training is liberally launching itself out of the window.

His neck arches, each powerful muscle rippling heartily beneath the blackened skin that encases the battle-forged sinews. A thin sheen of sweat breaks out across each plane of his body, excitement sizzling through him like an electrical current. She's so close to him, and it has been so long since the last time he took a woman beneath his bulk...and there is no denying the hold that Airlia has over him. He is a juicy fly trapped in her web, and she is the swollen spider sat in the centre, reeling him slowly closer and closer...

Of course I will come and live with you. A rising tide of joy spreads through the leviathan's chest, and he steps boldly closer to her until their bodies are touching. Skin to skin, heart to heart; his chest vibrates with the baritone earthquake of his voice as he presses his muzzle towards her ear. "I believe a celebration is in order." And she seems equally as interested; there is no resistance in the delectable curves of her body as he slips behind her, no hesitation in his own movements as he hauls his massive frame upwards and takes what is his.

-fade-

The aftermath of their union finds the behemoth stood beside his spider queen once again, his body heaving from its exertions but his loins sated and his ears pricked forwards with satiated delight. "We will build an empire, kis pók," comes his heady growl. It is already known; he will rise to greatness, but this delicious spider woman will rise with him. She is already his friend - he thinks - and part of his harem, and now she is his lover too. It is perfect; they are perfect.

image credits

kis pók - little spider
@Airlia

Pare

Airlia

She watches him entranced as he puts on his best show. Her own slender neck arches, matching his. 'They are all bull frogs in the end, puffing up to the point of blowing up.' Her tail lifts and sways behind her, like a wiggling finger beckoning him closer. A grin touches her soft features as the scent of sweat touches her nose. She was sure he would be just as excited, maybe even more so. Her eyes sparkled as the air between them changed from playful tainted with fake sadness to pure lust.

He falls easily into her sticky sweet trap. The black widow had her prey right where she wanted him, hot and heavy. Her breath caught in her chest as he stepped up and whispered roughly into her pricked ear. A visible shiver coursed through her body. She had never been touched by a man before, not like this at least. her heart hammered inside her chest, like a bird trying to escape the mean ole puddy tat. She watched him frozen in her nerves and excitement. Who knew losing your stupid V-card would be this emotional? Well besides everyone in the world.

-fade-

When the deed is done and her life forever changed her body quivers. A multitude of thoughts race around her head as she pants. 'No wonder Mother kept me away from men.' She smiles at him as she catches her breath back. His words confuse her, "A strong and noble empire it will be." She grins and lifts her head proudly. "I do have to ask, what does kis pók mean? I have never heard that tongue before." She tilts her head still smiling. They are united now, one hell of a force to be reckoned with.

Words;; 293
OOC/Tags;; @Volterra Kinda sucks xD If you don't want to reply we can just assume he told her later xD
speaking

V O L T E R R A

It has not escaped his notice that he is the first to have her. This inflames his masculine pride with glee, knowing that he has claimed something irreplaceable, something that no other man can ever take. Not that he intends for there to be other men, now. She is his, and they will rise together.

She asks what kis pok means, and a wolfish grin spreads across the goliath's satiated face. "It means little spider," he rumbles. Her cobweb markings intrigue him, and he can't help wondering if their child - should they conceive one - will inherit them. Volterra never considers the creation of children as the sole reason for his bedding of mares, but on this occasion he thinks there would be something poetically beautiful about conceiving a foal with Airlia. It would cement their bond, ensure that they are tied for eternity. With a wife and a child in tow, the leviathan will have the first segments of the harem he hopes to raise and nurture.

It is a delightful thought that sends a shiver down his spine. Glory is so close he can taste it, his childhood dreams preparing to reach fruition.

Shaking his massive neck to send swathes of black mane cascading across his muscles, the beast nudges his head against his woman. "Come, let us graze." They will need to keep their strength up - Volterra is quite keen to indulge with her again. He begins to meander along, seeking to lead Airlia to the lush grass near the beach. His colossal body remains close to her at all times, however, possessive and present.

image credits

Figured we could end this here and continue in the birth thread :D @Airlia